***Official Weather Thread***

As of 8:50P, CWS was delayed due to a heavy downpour, lightning and some severe hail (50% chance; up to 1.25"). No tornado vortex signature. Wunderground NEXRAD had received more than 4 inches of rain east of Oakland. After this cluster will end (Omaha), one hour break until 2nd round .... if so, probably delayed again until Saturday.

The tornado that hit near Laurel, Nebraska destroyed my uncle's business and quite a few cars (he is a mechanic). Luckily his house a 100 ft away only had some shingles ripped off. They had hay bails get tossed from the field into their garden next to their house!

Everyone is fine from what I hear.

The tornado that hit near Laurel, Nebraska destroyed my uncle's business and quite a few cars (he is a mechanic). Luckily his house a 100 ft away only had some shingles ripped off. They had hay bails get tossed from the field into their garden next to their house!

Everyone is fine from what I hear.

Was always gonna ask if anyone you knew got hit. Good to hear everyone is alright.

Can you guy provide a link of where you're following this storm since I'm a moron and can't find anything?

I'm guessing you're using this? http://tvnweather.com/live

that is my fav. or you can go to chasertv website... or severestudios.com

if things are getting crazy anytime, you can to to TVN or download their app and watch on your phone. a good tool to use to know where the most chasers are and have an idea of how bad it might be in your area.

you get some great footage too. Ive watched several tornadoes live this year on this app. Including earlier this year north of Little rock, the Pilger tornado, wessington SD, and several other smaller ones in BFE. Highly recommended

What will most likely end up being classified as a derecho is moving across Iowa. Interesting little event (as long as you're not in the path of it), since they're relatively rare.

It sucked! The amount of rain we got in a short amount of time was unreal. We had streets flooded that don't flood typically around here. The real crazy wind hit just south of me, people literally watched cornfields get folded in half in front of them.