***Official Weather Thread***

80 mph winds and baseball sized hail heading into Omaha with this southern building line off the main system. Serious sh#t.

Thanks for the offer on the book, I might be interested. What kind of price are you looking to get for it?

Any fair offer is worth getting it off my bookshelf. And if you take it, I sincerely hope it helps you more than it helped me.

We didn't get sh#t in Geneva but right north of us along HWY 6 got hammered. One of my wife's friends in Exeter got their house shredded by hail. Lots of damage around the whole town.

My cousin lives in outside of Bayard, NE and they had softball sized hail that took out the windows in their house and actually chipped some of the brick on their house...Pretty impressive

My cousin lives in outside of Bayard, NE and they had softball sized hail that took out the windows in their house and actually chipped some of the brick on their house...Pretty impressive

There's a picture on Facebook of that hail - someone is holding a softball and a piece of the hail next to each other. Prettys sure that was listed as coming from Bayard. I just thought it was funny to have been discussing Bayard's hail and that picture about an hour ago, only to login to see someone who knows a person out there. hehe

Interesting to watch chasers on a live stream catch a tornado SE of Denver near I-70. Awesome lightning display and some decent looks through the camera, though it was mostly obscured by rain. They pushed it right to the edge in the dark as the storm was bearing down on them, but made a good exit in time (2-3 miles form the tornado, just as the small hail started to fall).

Edit - And props to them for going out and chasing, it wasn't a likely day for tornadoes according to the forecasts. Nice catch.

And it looks like someone did confirm it as a large, multi-vortex tornado. Apparently it hit Hugo and there are injuries.

111 mph reported gust, cloud tops at 54k (very high for eastern CO).

Severe thunderstorm and tornado watch in effect until 8:00AM. Oklahoma counties included Cleveland (Norman).

Approach the end of tornado season (late March, April, May, June). Oklahoma can get tornadoes at any time of year but very rare outside tornado season.

In 2014 tornado season, only two or three days briefly touched down in remote area (cross my fingers). OKC metro experienced a semi-drought. A couple of downpours (= Okie sex ... fast, quick and all done ;) ) but mostly dry.

Oklahoma may have a record low tornadoes this year.