Creighton to the Big East?

I am not a Creighton fan however I will offer them so advice. Don't do it.

I think it would be a mistake for them to join the Big East. Different culture, too much travel and a recruiting disadvantage. Their dead money sitting at that table.

On the flip side this could help Nebraska when they go on their losing streak.

Needs to be pointed out though that how the B1G re-aligns the conference could put Nebraska in the same boat. So I will hold off on any other comments of doom....

As I mentioned before, it's a no brainer for basketball. It's just going to suck for the rest of their sports. I am no Creighton fan but if I were I would much rather see Georgetown, Nova, Marquette, Butler, Xavier coming into Omaha then anyone in the MVC. It's a huge upgrade in teams. It's going to be a big bump up in money too. Have to do it if they get the invite.

No way you turn this down. Having your university associated with those other schools and cities is something you will never get with the crappy towns in the MVC. If they stay where they are they stay largely irrelevant on the national scene. Join the freaking Big East and they start getting national eyes. It would help their recruiting for athletes and regular students alike.

I am not a Creighton fan however I will offer them so advice. Don't do it.

I think it would be a mistake for them to join the Big East. Different culture, too much travel and a recruiting disadvantage. Their dead money sitting at that table.

On the flip side this could help Nebraska when they go on their losing streak.

Needs to be pointed out though that how the B1G re-aligns the conference could put Nebraska in the same boat. So I will hold off on any other comments of doom....

what a huge turnoff for recruits. telling them they will be playing their conference tournament in midtown Manhattan

The recruiting disadvantage that I am thinking of is within the conference itself. East coast schools would have a decided advantage over Creighton as they would be recruiting local players that could be seen more easily locally, whereas Creighton would continue to have to draw nationally. While the conference will be a draw, they will need to up their level of recruiting. Creighton had some of the best facilities in the MVC which was a recruiting advantage. That advantage would shrink against some of these other schools.

I'm just saying be careful what you wish for.

• 3 weeks later...