SCOTUS and Gay Marriage

http://www.slate.com..._it_s_done.html

In a poignant blog post, Exodus International president Alan Chambers announced yesterday that the ex-gay ministry was shutting its doors, conceding that “reparative” therapy for gay people is ineffective and unhealthy. Chambers’ note took the form of an apology for the “shame,” “false hope,” and “trauma” he caused would-be converts, pleading for forgiveness from “ex-gay survivors”:

Please know that I am deeply sorry. I am sorry for the pain and hurt many of you have experienced. I am sorry that some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt you felt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents... I am sorry that I...failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry...that I callously celebrated the end of relationships that broke your heart. I am sorry that I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine.

That guy came to speak at ND. The gay students were furious and tore up the signs and shouted a lot. I got suspicious when he said he admitted that he didn't like football but would rather go to the opera.

That's horrible. "Curing" someone's sexual preference is an asinine concept. I like tall, leggy brunettes. You're going to put me in therapy and "cure" that attraction? Nope. I may be OK with blondes or redheads or someone who's short or whatever if the component pieces add up to an attractive package, but my preference is always going to be leggy brunettes. If you're attracted to guys, you're just attracted to guys. No getting around that.

Uh knapplc, you never stated exactly which side of the plate you swing from :D

possibly entered into the shed forums :)

But Knapp, more gay guys also increases the chances of me being hit on by a gay guy. It's a double edged sword. Pick your poison.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, that depends entirely on how fabulous you are :lol:

I'd be a bit flattered though.

Good news, but the trend of 5-4 decisions on major cases is destroying the credibility of the court. It gives the losing the side the impression that they are one justice croaking or retiring away from having it their way, and that one swing vote is holding immense power over a body that is supposedly impartial.

Where did I say they didn't?

You didn't (and I didn't say that you did) . . . but you sounded confused as to why fly over states were mentioned.

I still am. the cartoon makes it sound like every place but fly over states are enlightened and some how more civilized as to the subject. Total BS.

Sorry, I deal with people on the coasts all the time in my job and I constantly get a stuck up attitude from them about being from Nebraska.