Since 2008, Nebraska ranks 9th in most wins

The data was posted on another website. It is very interesting data and wanted to share it here as well. Credit for the data goes to the poster on the other website.

1 Alabama (61-7)

2 Oregon (56-10)

3t Florida (52-15)

3t Oklahoma (52-15)

5t Ohio State (51-13)

5t Louisiana State (51-15)

7 Oklahoma State (49-16)

8 Virginia Tech (49-19)

9t Stanford (48-17)

9t Nebraska (48-20)

11t Texas (47-18)

11t Cincinnati (47-18)

13 Southern Cal (46-18)

B-4132.jpg

Prior to the 2012 season, among current BCS Conference schools, Pelini was only the sixth first-time head coach in NCAA history to win at least nine games in each of his first four seasons. Three of the six coaches to accomplish that feat coached at Nebraska (Pelini, Tom Osborne and Frank Solich).

That fact was found on Huskers.com.

Prior to the 2012 season, among current BCS Conference schools, Pelini was only the sixth first-time head coach in NCAA history to win at least nine games in each of his first four seasons. Three of the six coaches to accomplish that feat coached at Nebraska (Pelini, Tom Osborne and Frank Solich).

I think we've discussed the value of 9 wins season in todays world not matching 9 win seasons when Tom started to coach. 11 wins is the new 9. 9 wins now = 3 or 4 games on the wrong side of the ledger.

Interesting. Pelini took over a rusty old Yugo whilst Osborne and Solich were handed the keys to a mercedes and a ferrari.

I think we've discussed the value of 9 wins season in todays world not matching 9 win seasons when Tom started to coach. 11 wins is the new 9. 9 wins now = 3 or 4 games on the wrong side of the ledger.

That's irrelevant. Even if 9 win seasons aren't as valuable, they're still at a premium.

All them wins and no trophies, ouch.

What you talkin bout Willis?

HeroesTrophy2011.jpgMO-NE%20bell.jpg

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of a conference championship or BCS trophy.

Bingo - my point in the 4th post.

I was just kiddin around guys.

I forgot a couple.....

11753202_BG1.jpgDHSIMUIJWQASATG.20090101225346.jpg

:lol:

You are forgetting this one from last year...

BigTenLegends.jpg

You are forgetting this one from last year...

BigTenLegends.jpg

This is Nebraska. We dont acknowledge those, sir.

I place it on par with the "Whale Trophy"... LOL

But in all seriousness, Nebraska does have a lot of wins and little to show for it since 2008. The Huskers have certainly had their chances; hopefully they will get another shot at some real hardware this season. GBR!

During TO's era, they played 11 games plus a bowl game, so if you won 9 games, before the bowl game, thats a very respectable season. Now, there are 12 games before you even get to the CCG if you're eligible, and then the bowl game.

I can't take this anymore...lol