Since 2008, Nebraska ranks 9th in most wins

Boise State has 49 so not sure why they are not on the list. I was not trying to audit the list I just was surprised to now see them on the list. Also folks like to look at strength of schedule and for good reason. I would like to develop a stat (perhaps one day) of strength of victories. We have had a tough couple years in terms of scheduling, so that can lead to some extra loses. I like strength of victories because is really shows how good team is. A team could have a good SOS but if they lose to the top three teams that they play than who cares about SOS. My logic may be flawed but I think Strength of victories would be a nice stat to use when reflecting on a season.

Prior to the 2012 season, among current BCS Conference schools, Pelini was only the sixth first-time head coach in NCAA history to win at least nine games in each of his first four seasons. Three of the six coaches to accomplish that feat coached at Nebraska (Pelini, Tom Osborne and Frank Solich).

That fact was found on Huskers.com.

During TO's era, they played 11 games plus a bowl game, so if you won 9 games, before the bowl game, thats a very respectable season. Now, there are 12 games before you even get to the CCG if you're eligible, and then the bowl game.

I can't take this anymore...lol

So, if that is the case, tell me why no more than 6 coaches have ever done it?

Prior to the 2012 season, among current BCS Conference schools, Pelini was only the sixth first-time head coach in NCAA history to win at least nine games in each of his first four seasons. Three of the six coaches to accomplish that feat coached at Nebraska (Pelini, Tom Osborne and Frank Solich).

That fact was found on Huskers.com.

During TO's era, they played 11 games plus a bowl game, so if you won 9 games, before the bowl game, thats a very respectable season. Now, there are 12 games before you even get to the CCG if you're eligible, and then the bowl game.

I can't take this anymore...lol

So, if that is the case, tell me why no more than 6 coaches have ever done it?

Why more perennial football powers didn't play in the Big XII north and mediocre B1G?

I wonder if there is ranking of teams that won 10 games or 11 games or 12 games a year for the last 5-6 years. Not sure if anyone has other than possibly Bama and Oregon. But do you think you would hear either one of them bragging about winning 9 games a year. That would be total failure in some programs eyes.

Bo is doing okay for a beginner, no question about it. But he has played in a weak conference most of the time so far. Would Nebraska be a 9 game winner in the SEC? I doubt it, but possible. I doubt we would be a 9 game winner in the PAC 12 last year or the year before. Big 12 this year would have been questionable. He and Nebraska have been fortunate, with some narrow escapes this year.

I also noticed there was no listing of Boise State, and we have lost more games than anyone else in the top 13.

Two years ago when we were moving to the Big, the general comment was how Bo's defense would destroy the slow plodding BIG.

Hopefully this year, with our offense, we will see development of the underclassmen. The defense will be young and inexperienced, maybe he will rotate more this year and develop them, reps help in real games. I think we will see more of that this year, as hopefully he learned from last year. We are still a good ways from being an elite program again, but maybe, just maybe the on the job training will pay off this year. I hope so for Nebraska's sake

I don't buy the weak conference business. We had an extremely difficult schedule last year. We played 2 top five teams on the road, wiscy twice, Pac 12 runner up on the road. Not too mention msu, psu, mich and nw. If ur not happy with 10 wins then that is fine but don't say we had an easy schedule. That is Busch league.

Didn't say dominant but good. We did have the number 2 team but they weren't eligible. I think Mich, msu, wiscy, Nebraska all could play with anyone in the country. Mich played the sec gamecocks to the wire, wiscy played toe to toe without their head coach in the rose, and we fared well against uga til the end. I don't think the B1G is as bad a u think it is.

This SEC is god's conference talk is so contrived. Despite what the talking heads and the BCS itself would have you think they're really not head and shoulders above everyone else. The B1G itself is just about on par with any other conference including the SEC.

This SEC is god's conference talk is so contrived. Despite what the talking heads and the BCS itself would have you think they're really not head and shoulders above everyone else. The B1G itself is just about on par with any other conference including the SEC.

Please read this article and let me know how you explain all the numbers away.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=statsinfo&id=59604&src=desktop

Please read this article and let me know how you explain all the numbers away.

http://m.espn.go.com...604&src=desktop

The SEC out scored opponents by a combined 85 points:

- This is a pretty irrelevant stat on it's own for many reasons, but the best one is that 2/3 of the points came from just two game (Bama and aTm), and if you assume that everyone else won buy a touch down then you basically have the remaining points. Not so dominating by the rest of the pack.

They dominated bowl records:

- The B1G fielded one BCS team and lost, with a 12-0 team sitting out the post season. The SEC fielded two and went 1-1. Head to head they were 2-1 against us. Both wins were pretty tight games as well. Yes they have a much better bowl record overall, but you can easily argue that they had better match ups than the B1G, more than likely a result of the OSU dq (Texas Tech vs Minn, Okie lite vs Purdue, and maybe Nebraska vs Georgia).

They finished with 5 top 10 teams:

-This is why the BCS is so screwed up. They began the season with nearly the whole damn conference ranked. So when a team loses in conference play they're not going to drop as far to start with. And then everyone plays a week OC schedule so you have no real meter to measure them with anyway. After that it just becomes self fulfilling prophecy when it comes to rankings and strength of schedule.

I'll admit that the SEC is probably the better conference as far as the top tier teams go, but only just. However, they are not what some would make them out to be.