LeBron/Kobe/MJ

Do you consider Shaq to be a great Basketball player? Because I just consider him to be a great athlete. Sure he was dominant. But he couldn't do anything but run people over and shoot baby hooks from 5 feet away. He was about as good a shooter as Dennis Rodman.

Do you consider Shaq to be a great Basketball player? Because I just consider him to be a great athlete. Sure he was dominant. But he couldn't do anything but run people over and shoot baby hooks from 5 feet away. He was about as good a shooter as Dennis Rodman.

Are you actually suggesting that Shaq, and Lebron have the same basketball skills? Lebron can't do anything outside of 5 feet? You don't watch much basketball do you? Lebron is as skilled of a basketball player as there is in the league....

Are you actually suggesting that Shaq, and Lebron have the same basketball skills? Lebron can't do anything outside of 5 feet? You don't watch much basketball do you? Lebron is as skilled of a basketball player as there is in the league....

Not what I'm suggesting at all. I'm just saying you can be a dominant basketball player while not being able to hit the broad side of a barn just from pure athleticism. Lebron is a great athlete. But Jordan is a better pure basketball player. They're both great, no denying that. At least Lebron didn't straight copy every single aspect of his game from Jordan like Kobe did.

If I was going to build a basketball team around one of the two, I'd go with Lebron just because of his versatility. But Kobe's generally clutch late in the game and Lebron is still shaky as far as I'm concerned.

I can only think of one aspect of Lebron's game that is better than Jordan's, and that is his post skills on both ends of the court. MJ was superior in every other way.

Lebron is a better distributor of the basketball, and he is a better rebounder....

Those are both very subjective. People say that because Jordan's scoring is the most memorable thing about his game. But they forget how great of a defender, passer, and rebounder he really was. Lebron has 2 or 3 inches on MJ, and about 70 pounds. Yeah, he's going to be a little stronger inside than MJ was. But I'll go back to what Jarvis said earlier in this thread:

One season MJ averaged 32.7 pts 8 Rebs an 8 assists. 2.89steals .8 blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan never would have choked, blew a 3 point lead with 2:30 left, air-balled a clutch five-footer, bricked his last shots, and lost to a Deng-less, Hinrich-less, Rose-less team.

Guess you'll ignore his 9/35 and 0/8 from 3 playoff appearance, yes?

Also - never understood why LeBron got crap for leaving Cleveland. First of all, he had a sh!t coach. Second of all, that front office was incompetent (Mo Williams was there big signing), third, they didn't have the benefit of drafting Kukoc/Pippen to be alongside MJ.

Kobe demanded a trade at one point.

I'm sure MJ would've left Chicago if Pippen, Kukoc, and Kerr weren't there for him.

As of today, MJ is still better. But its laughable that people bag on LeBron for joining a TEAM that had teammates even remotely close to Pippen/Kukoc/Kerr/Rodman.

Shaq has some of the best footwork that the league has ever seen in the post.

Jordan never would have choked, blew a 3 point lead with 2:30 left, air-balled a clutch five-footer, bricked his last shots, and lost to a Deng-less, Hinrich-less, Rose-less team.

Also - never understood why LeBron got crap for leaving Cleveland. First of all, he had a sh!t coach. Second of all, that front office was incompetent (Mo Williams was there big signing), third, they didn't have the benefit of drafting Kukoc/Pippen to be alongside MJ.

I'm sure MJ would've left Chicago if Pippen, Kukoc, and Kerr weren't there for him.

As of today, MJ is still better. But its laughable that people bag on LeBron for joining a TEAM that had teammates even remotely close to Pippen/Kukoc/Kerr/Rodman.

Those guys weren't there for his first 3 yet he still managed to win. Other than Pippen he didn't have much talent around him, particularly at center and point guard.

Shaq has some of the best footwork that the league has ever seen in the post.

You're exaggerating. His footwork is fine for a guy his size. "Best footwork the league has ever seen in the post?" Whatevs. What about Tim Duncan? Hakeem? Kareem?

Two words: The Decision

• Fire 3

Two words: The Decision

He makes one mistake so the world hates him?

Doesnt cheat all over his wife, doesnt commit crimes, donates a lot of his time to the city and money to charity.

But yeah - he is the bad guy. What a joke.

And people shifted away from hating him for the decision into hating him for joining Wade and Bosh.

Also, I didnt say Shaq had THE best footwork I said he has some of the best, as in grouping him with others. As far as im concerned no one can mess with Hakeem or McHale.