Boston Marathon Explosions

When I posted the Reddit link, I was hoping it would stay localized on Reddit, not bring a discussion of some random bath robe guy who is probably innocent here. I have seen his picture on my Facebook already, too. Didn't want it to become another Richard Jewell and ruin some innocent man's life.

Edit/ just re-read your post and now I follow you.

Conflicting reports now. Welcome to the age of instant (mis)information.

LINK

There were conflicting reports Wednesday afternoon about whether officials had made an arrest in the investigation of the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

CNN was first to report that an arrest had been made, citing anonymous law enforcement sources. NBC News then cut in with a report saying that no arrest has been made.

Boston TV station WCVB reported that an arrest "is imminent or may have already taken place." Meanwhile, the Associated Press reported that a suspect was in custody and expected to be brought to federal court.

Conflicting reports now. Welcome to the age of instant (mis)information.

LINK

There were conflicting reports Wednesday afternoon about whether officials had made an arrest in the investigation of the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

CNN was first to report that an arrest had been made, citing anonymous law enforcement sources. NBC News then cut in with a report saying that no arrest has been made.

Boston TV station WCVB reported that an arrest "is imminent or may have already taken place." Meanwhile, the Associated Press reported that a suspect was in custody and expected to be brought to federal court.

If you average all those scenarios out, you have the answer.

All kinds of info flying around right now. Apparently the FBI and NBC are both dismissing this report, but the AP is talking about enhanced security at the Boston Federal Courthouse, and a news conference being hastily scheduled for "later Wednesday."

How awesome would this be if they get this guy less than 48 hours after the bombs go off? If they have him/them... amazing.

All kinds of info flying around right now. Apparently the FBI and NBC are both dismissing this report, but the AP is talking about enhanced security at the Boston Federal Courthouse, and a news conference being hastily scheduled for "later Wednesday."

How awesome would this be if they get this guy less than 48 hours after the bombs go off? If they have him/them... amazing.

I really am not surprised in this age of information, iPhone videos, surveillance videos, pictures, etc.

I was actually thinking over my lunch break how hard it would be to get away with something like this.

msn reporting 'solid leads'. I don't know what to be believe. I hope they do have him. But I suspect there may be more than one given how much these had to have weighed.

I can believe they have videos - even multiple images - of the perp(s). But to ID them and arrest them this fast from an image of their face would be amazing. Maybe he's already known to law enforcement or maybe they followed him through surveillance to his vehicle and got the tags. Hard to say.

Just hope this isn't a false report. Would love to have this guy in custody.

The longer this goes and no foreign group has taken credit for the bombings, it makes me think this is domestic. That pisses me off even more than if it were foreign.

Everything I've been reading from local Boston news and radio is saying it was a home grown attack.

Live feed outside the Boston courthouse. Awfully big crowd for no arrest being made.

http://www.myfoxbost...news-livestream

CBS News@CBSNews

JUST IN: Man sought as possible suspect is WHITE MALE, wearing white baseball cap on backwards, gray hoodie and black jacket.

NBC News@NBCNews

Multiple sources confirm to NBC News: "No Arrest"

Either CNN got a huge scoop from someone completely unauthorized to speak to the press or they really, really screwed the pooch on this one.

Live feed outside the Boston courthouse. Awfully big crowd for no arrest being made.

CBS News@CBSNews 9m

JUST IN: Man sought as possible suspect is WHITE MALE, wearing white baseball cap on backwards, gray hoodie and black jacket.

What was with the dark skin male referenced in multiple articles then? Does this mean no arrest was made?

CBS News@CBSNews 9m

What was with the dark skin male referenced in multiple articles then? Does this mean no arrest was made?

Maybe he's tan :P