Boston Marathon Explosions

Multiple reports coming out that people were told not to worry and that it was just training exercise in response to questions about the heightened security. Something to ponder....

People were told this before the race even started. Look outs in buildings, bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines. Something was going on.

Please don't buy into this garbage. It's a major event in a major city there is going to be visible security there. Some fool was screaming at the city's briefing about this and how it was an inside job to take away the last of people's liberties. Just disgusting that not even 12 hours go buy and people are already constructing conspiracy theories.

From the interview with the surgeon I think the ball bearings maybe bad information as well. He said they were removing shrapnel and there was no way for the surgeons to tell if it was just debries from the blast or came from the bomb. Seems like just another case of the media hearing something "sensational" and running with it as fact when it's anything but at that point. Like Walks said this is one of the reasons why I absolutely hate them at times.

Yeah...don't get me wrong...there are plenty of people that will immediately jump on the "conspiracy" bandwagon...I just always keep this type of info. in mind because unfortunately....there is factual information out there for reports of these "training exercises" being foiled at the last minute. This world isn't all sunshine and rainbows...and with how much FU^&ED up sh#t the government has already done..all the lies, the unconstitutional laws....stuff like this doesn't surprise me anymore if it was a set-up. However...I am not saying it is. I am on the fence about it and will have to look more into it. It's sad people have to go through this garbage....

step away from the 'infowars' type crap. Loose Change or any other Conspiracy Theory really. Occam's razor man.

Multiple reports coming out that people were told not to worry and that it was just training exercise in response to questions about the heightened security. Something to ponder....

People were told this before the race even started. Look outs in buildings, bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines. Something was going on.

Please don't buy into this garbage. It's a major event in a major city there is going to be visible security there. Some fool was screaming at the city's briefing about this and how it was an inside job to take away the last of people's liberties. Just disgusting that not even 12 hours go buy and people are already constructing conspiracy theories.

From the interview with the surgeon I think the ball bearings maybe bad information as well. He said they were removing shrapnel and there was no way for the surgeons to tell if it was just debries from the blast or came from the bomb. Seems like just another case of the media hearing something "sensational" and running with it as fact when it's anything but at that point. Like Walks said this is one of the reasons why I absolutely hate them at times.

Yeah...don't get me wrong...there are plenty of people that will immediately jump on the "conspiracy" bandwagon...I just always keep this type of info. in mind because unfortunately....there is factual information out there for reports of these "training exercises" being foiled at the last minute. This world isn't all sunshine and rainbows...and with how much FU^&ED up sh#t the government has already done..all the lies, the unconstitutional laws....stuff like this doesn't surprise me anymore if it was a set-up. However...I am not saying it is. I am on the fence about it and will have to look more into it. It's sad people have to go through this garbage....

step away from the 'infowars' type crap. Loose Change or any other Conspiracy Theory really. Occam's razor man.

It's a bit coincidental though that there have been more than just one "terrorist" attack where witnesses claim that the CIA or related organizations were running a drill at the SAME time these events occur. And please don't lump my statement with loose change crap and radical conspiracy junk. I deal with facts and keep a bit of an opened mind. If you don't like it, sorry man. I am not saying it was a set up....did I say that? I am just pointing out evidence in light of this tragedy.

Nick- This is a terrible tragedy and act of terror regardless if the perpetrator(s) are domestic or international, whack job or Al Queda. I guess I don't see what it matters which. Whoever is responsible needs to be brought to justice. You have indicated that you think it is domestic and have expressed that you hope it is not rooted in the middle east. Why? Personally I would feel a bit better (if that's possible or if it matters) if I knew it was a group who we already know hates us than having to be concerned about even more random senseless acts. At least with a group like Al Queda we already know where we stand. And I disagree with your analysis. This is the exact type of attack they would try. They are going to have a hard time executing another event like 911 but they can still pull off things like this. IDK if it really matters who did it or why, it is still terrible but it seems you have a preference for it not being Al Queda and I was wondering if you could explain that so that I can understand it.

It matters because if this was done by an international group, panic will set throughout the United States. If its domestic, like I strongly believe given to my reasons earlier, people will be worried, but not as much. People will just want justice. You don't see people scared to go to the theater, the mall, or to school, but had one of those events been done by an international terrorist, you would see more panic, and a lot more fear of people doing these things.

I never stated Al Qaeda I stated international terrorist groups. Plural, meaning I am not pointing this action as being one group. I just wanted to make that clear lol. An international, "high organization" terrorist group, there is no way they would spend their time, resources or money on such things. Look at all the bombings over seas. They are WAY more massive. They go for a high death toll, something two bombs here did not do. They wouldn't have left two bombs to be found. Those people are smarter at what they do. I am not saying there is no chance of this being a group outside the US, but I don't believe it to be one of the higher organizations, rather than just a small activist group proving a point or making a statement. Sure executing something like 9/11 would be difficult, or next near to impossible, but our security level has gotten more comfortable, and if someone can plant 4 bombs under these officials noses, wouldn't you think a bigger organization could do the same, but with much more implosive devices?

I completely agree, that no matter the attack, that its not right and I feel for the families and the people involved. I have said my prayers for them, and honestly, that is all I can do. I agree that whoever did this, needs to be held accountable and have justice brought to them, but in the mean time, we don't know who that is. I am simply just giving my opinion on who I believe would have, and would have not done it. My opinion could end up being completely inaccurate as well.

Nick- fair enough and that makes sense. I just happen to think it is more likely an international group that has vowed to do things like this. I guess the flip side of the coin is, it feels more expected coming from that group instead of yet another unknown source. The random, no apparent reason things tend to be more concerning to me.

b28e771db7f5579ed835354f5d8b4628_normal.jpegWS@WickedSmaaaht 54m

Reporters are camped out in front of the home of 8yr old victim of marathon bombing. This is why people hate you media types.

That's sad! Let the family mourn in PEACE!

Nick- fair enough and that makes sense. I just happen to think it is more likely an international group that has vowed to do things like this. I guess the flip side of the coin is, it feels more expected coming from that group instead of yet another unknown source. The random, no apparent reason things tend to be more concerning to me.

I strongly believe there is a reason for every action. The run was dedicated to remembering the Hillsborough disaster victims. The attack could have been targeted just for that reason. Its just to difficult to tell. To many questions, and not close to having enough answers.

It's a bit coincidental though that there have been more than just one "terrorist" attack where witnesses claim that the CIA or related organizations were running a drill at the SAME time these events occur. And please don't lump my statement with loose change crap and radical conspiracy junk. I deal with facts and keep a bit of an opened mind. If you don't like it, sorry man. I am not saying it was a set up....did I say that? I am just pointing out evidence in light of this tragedy.

Who says and what proof is there that there was heightened security? This happened at one, if not the, biggest marathon in the country, where a city of 600,000 people swells to over 2 million for the entire week. Do you not see it being natural that a little more security is present the entire week, along with the actual event the millions of people are there for?

It matters because if this was done by an international group, panic will set throughout the United States. If its domestic, like I strongly believe given to my reasons earlier, people will be worried, but not as much. People will just want justice. You don't see people scared to go to the theater, the mall, or to school, but had one of those events been done by an international terrorist, you would see more panic, and a lot more fear of people doing these things.

I think you're reading way too much into this. Nobody is panicking over this bombing. Maybe if it was the first time or the second time or the third time this had happened there'd be more panic, but today... we're getting inured to this kind of thing.

Al Qaeda? Big whoop. We're already raining hellfire missiles on them across the globe. Nobody is scared of al Qaeda today. We all realize they're still plotting and planning and they'd love to pull off another stunt, and if this is them then OK. But nobody is living their life in fear because of al Qaeda. They've gone from the boogie man to a nuisance.

If it's a home-grown nutjob, meh. We're all pretty familiar with people like this now, again sad to say. Nobody is going to be more or less afraid if the perp was American or foreign.

You're still going to see people in large crowds, people at baseball games today or other large sporting events. Sure, in the backs of their minds they'll be thinking about terror, and "What would happen if...?" But this event won't cause any more panic or terror among the people.

I think it'll have the opposite effect. We're saddened and angered by such things, but every single time a bomb goes off it provides us with yet more examples of how brave people really are. One minute those folks were milling about, doing minor crowd-control work or loafing due to inactivity, the next minute, one or two seconds after the bomb went off, all the pictures show the backs of police, medics, hazmat, even ordinary citizens. Not running away from the explosion, running towards it.

Look at all the citizens in those pictures without shirts. Ordinary people giving anything, everything they have on them without question or hesitation to help complete strangers.

That's why "terrorism" will ultimately fail. Not because we're incapable of being afraid, but because we're stronger than our fear.

• Fire 5

In response to the security question (I am having trouble replying to posts)...yeah of course there is going to be more security at a event such as the Boston marathon. You would expect to see much more security at a event such as this. This article talks about a coach who happened to be at the marathon and thought the security had been significantly heightened from previous years. It is just something to ponder...nothing more....nothing less. And oh...my source isn't from crapshoot infowars that utilizes fear and emotion to create more ratings....

Linky: http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

I think you're reading way too much into this. Nobody is panicking over this bombing. Maybe if it was the first time or the second time or the third time this had happened there'd be more panic, but today... we're getting inured to this kind of thing.

Al Qaeda? Big whoop. We're already raining hellfire missiles on them across the globe. Nobody is scared of al Qaeda today. We all realize they're still plotting and planning and they'd love to pull off another stunt, and if this is them then OK. But nobody is living their life in fear because of al Qaeda. They've gone from the boogie man to a nuisance.

If it's a home-grown nutjob, meh. We're all pretty familiar with people like this now, again sad to say. Nobody is going to be more or less afraid if the perp was American or foreign.

You're still going to see people in large crowds, people at baseball games today or other large sporting events. Sure, in the backs of their minds they'll be thinking about terror, and "What would happen if...?" But this event won't cause any more panic or terror among the people.

I think it'll have the opposite effect. We're saddened and angered by such things, but every single time a bomb goes off it provides us with yet more examples of how brave people really are. One minute those folks were milling about, doing minor crowd-control work or loafing due to inactivity, the next minute, one or two seconds after the bomb went off, all the pictures show the backs of police, medics, hazmat, even ordinary citizens. Not running away from the explosion, running towards it.

Look at all the citizens in those pictures without shirts. Ordinary people giving anything, everything they have on them without question or hesitation to help complete strangers.

That's why "terrorism" will ultimately fail. Not because we're incapable of being afraid, but because we're stronger than our fear.

Well said.

The "Saudi national" touted by the New York Post (among others) as a suspect all day yesterday is a student who is fully cooperating with police and denying all involvement. He has a clean record, and suffered burn injuries during the explosion. According to CBS News' John Miller, the man was tackled by a civilian because he was "acting suspiciously" and, uh, running away from the explosion.

With all due respect knapp, I disagree. I think it will have a short term effect on the nation, on any recent marathons. My girlfriends facebook has MANY people backing out of the Marathon that is being held this weekend, while there are more reports on the internet of people having these same reactions. I don't think this will have any impact on any other public events. I do believe this will blow over in the next couple months, but short term, it has put fear into people.

And again, I NEVER said it was work by Al Qaeda.