Boston Marathon Explosions

CNN just put out an issue to look for a dark skinned male with a black backpack and black sweatshirt.

didn't see that on their website? I read that they are removing ball bearings from people. The bomber obviously wanted to inflict as much damage as possible given the relatively small explosions.

CNN just put out an issue to look for a dark skinned male with a black backpack and black sweatshirt.

didn't see that on their website? I read that they are removing ball bearings from people. The bomber obviously wanted to inflict as much damage as possible given the relatively small explosions.

Said it on the air.

[update, 8:36 p.m.] Investigators have warned law enforcement officers to be on the lookout for a "darker-skinned or black male" with a possible foreign accent in connection with Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon, according to a law enforcement advisory obtained by CNN.

The man was seen with a black backpack and sweatshirt and was trying to get into a restricted area about five minutes before the first explosion, the lookout notice states.

The world as we knew it changed a long time ago, some will say it happened with 9/11 some will say it happened earlier, but it's never going to be the same. No where is safe, you never know when some crazy a-hole with a bomb, or a gun, or a knife, or a car is going to try and kill you and those around you. Sad.............

Multiple reports coming out that people were told not to worry and that it was just training exercise in response to questions about the heightened security. Something to ponder....

People were told this before the race even started. Look outs in buildings, bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines. Something was going on.

This attack was a statement of some sort. What? We don't know at this point.

I believe this HAD to have been a domestic terrorist or activist group. No way would an international terrorist group waste their time, resources or money to stage something like this. If it were an international group, I think you would expect a MUCH bigger explosion and fatality rate.

All in all, I believe this was an attack by a domestic terrorist group, trying to make a statement of some sort. Whether they were American or not, I don't believe it was done by a high organized terrorist group.

Don't live in fear, because this is exactly what they want. This same thing could happen at your local grocery store, the mall or a busy intersection. You never know, but there is no way I would let something like this reflect on things I do.

CNN has gone 100% full retard. You know your coverage is awful when Fox is being more reasonable

What are they saying?

Constant speculation and terror-mongering. It was dreadful.

Wolf Blitzer started rambling about how it was Patriot Day and then speculated that it was an anti-tax group who wanted their own Boston Tea Party. Then a sh#t ton of other borderline racist speculation, and then they brought on Jane Harman to tell us how it was Al Quaeda and that they hadn't connected it to North Korea YET. (yet.)

I find it hard to describe, but normally CNN is the collected and professional channel whereas Fox News loses their minds. Opposite happened today.

CNN has gone 100% full retard. You know your coverage is awful when Fox is being more reasonable

What are they saying?

Constant speculation and terror-mongering. It was dreadful.

Wolf Blitzer started rambling about how it was Patriot Day and then speculated that it was an anti-tax group who wanted their own Boston Tea Party. Then a sh#t ton of other borderline racist speculation, and then they brought on Jane Harman to tell us how it was Al Quaeda and that they hadn't connected it to North Korea YET. (yet.)

I find it hard to describe, but normally CNN is the collected and professional channel whereas Fox News loses their minds. Opposite happened today.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say Shepard Smith has quite a bit more credibility than Wolf Blitzer. You just caught Fox News at it's best time, and CNN at it's worst.

This attack was a statement of some sort. What? We don't know at this point.

I believe this HAD to have been a domestic terrorist or activist group. No way would an international terrorist group waste their time, resources or money to stage something like this. If it were an international group, I think you would expect a MUCH bigger explosion and fatality rate.

All in all, I believe this was an attack by a domestic terrorist group, trying to make a statement of some sort. Whether they were American or not, I don't believe it was done by a high organized terrorist group.

Don't live in fear, because this is exactly what they want. This same thing could happen at your local grocery store, the mall or a busy intersection. You never know, but there is no way I would let something like this reflect on things I do.

Nick- This is a terrible tragedy and act of terror regardless if the perpetrator(s) are domestic or international, whack job or Al Queda. I guess I don't see what it matters which. Whoever is responsible needs to be brought to justice. You have indicated that you think it is domestic and have expressed that you hope it is not rooted in the middle east. Why? Personally I would feel a bit better (if that's possible or if it matters) if I knew it was a group who we already know hates us than having to be concerned about even more random senseless acts. At least with a group like Al Queda we already know where we stand. And I disagree with your analysis. This is the exact type of attack they would try. They are going to have a hard time executing another event like 911 but they can still pull off things like this. IDK if it really matters who did it or why, it is still terrible but it seems you have a preference for it not being Al Queda and I was wondering if you could explain that so that I can understand it.

Multiple reports coming out that people were told not to worry and that it was just training exercise in response to questions about the heightened security. Something to ponder....

People were told this before the race even started. Look outs in buildings, bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines. Something was going on.

Please don't buy into this garbage. It's a major event in a major city there is going to be visible security there. Some fool was screaming at the city's briefing about this and how it was an inside job to take away the last of people's liberties. Just disgusting that not even 12 hours go buy and people are already constructing conspiracy theories.

From the interview with the surgeon I think the ball bearings maybe bad information as well. He said they were removing shrapnel and there was no way for the surgeons to tell if it was just debries from the blast or came from the bomb. Seems like just another case of the media hearing something "sensational" and running with it as fact when it's anything but at that point. Like Walks said this is one of the reasons why I absolutely hate them at times.