2014-2015

With Rutgers, and Maryland joining. Divisions changing. The rotation of opponents from the opposite divison is going to be crazy. Ultimately I think the best route to go is 16 schools with a 9 game conference schedule to ensure easy rotation of cross divisional opponents, but thats a different topic.

2014 Non Conference Schedule

Florida Atlantic

McNeese State

@ Fresno State

Miami (FL)

After this we know that we will get

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Purdue

Illinois

Northwestern

Any speculation as to who we will draw? There is no more protected cross overs except for Purdue/Indiana

I think its only right if we got Indiana and someone else...Indiana will be the only remaining member that we have not played. (Exception Maryland/Rutgers)

When do they announce this? Who would you want to play? I would rather not get Michigan or Ohio State because we would likely get one of them in the conference title game.

I would like either Maryland or Rutgers for the second school in your scenario. I don't mind a competitive imbalance in the league as much as I mind not being exposed to recruits in talented regions. We seem to be spending quite a bit of time in Maryland recruiting these days. It would be easier sledding if we actually had a game there.

I thought the B1G doesn't allow non-FBS opponents any more? McNeese State?

I had asked about that when the B1G first announced this, and someone pointed out that it doesn't go into effect right away. 2016 maybe? Or maybe currently scheduled games can be played but no new such games added.

The league discussed it, but never implemented the only div 1A rule. I think keeping non-1A games was part of the compromise to go to a 9-game league schedule.

I don't want to even think about Rutgers and Maryland joining the B1G.... The conference has been watered down dramatically with those additions...

Let's wait until they play a game in the league before we claim they water down the conference.

Plus, it seems strange for the newcomer to bash newer teams to the conference, doesn't it?

• Fire 1

I thought the B1G doesn't allow non-FBS opponents any more? McNeese State?

I had asked about that when the B1G first announced this, and someone pointed out that it doesn't go into effect right away. 2016 maybe? Or maybe currently scheduled games can be played but no new such games added.

The league discussed it, but never implemented the only div 1A rule. I think keeping non-1A games was part of the compromise to go to a 9-game league schedule.

Mainly from the lower tier schools. I think there is going to be a great deal of pressure on the 'named' schools to avoid 1-AA like the plague.

Taking a 1AA school will be death in the play off scenario, when teams like Oregon, Bama, LSU and Notre Dame play tough schedules.

We need to bring ours up in the out of conference quickly if we any chance of being in the hunt during the playoff season.

Our division appears to be weak, but we struggled with a few of them this year, were lucky to win some of them. Nothing to say that they will not get better, not being maulded by Ohio State or Michigan. The key is to play a quality out of conference schedule and win your games. Undefeated with games against UCLA, Tennessee, Oklahoma and that level will look good, no matter your conference or division power rating. McNeese State will be a deal breaker no matter how bad we might beat them. That crap should have stopped years ago.

But we have played some tough games out of conference, it has not been all cupcakes. It seems to be more so now though.

I would prefer the tougher division teams for cross over games. You know what you got then.

Taking a 1AA school will be death in the play off scenario, when teams like Oregon, Bama, LSU and Notre Dame play tough schedules.

We need to bring ours up in the out of conference quickly if we any chance of being in the hunt during the playoff season.

Our division appears to be weak, but we struggled with a few of them this year, were lucky to win some of them. Nothing to say that they will not get better, not being maulded by Ohio State or Michigan. The key is to play a quality out of conference schedule and win your games. Undefeated with games against UCLA, Tennessee, Oklahoma and that level will look good, no matter your conference or division power rating. McNeese State will be a deal breaker no matter how bad we might beat them. That crap should have stopped years ago.

But we have played some tough games out of conference, it has not been all cupcakes. It seems to be more so now though.

I would prefer the tougher division teams for cross over games. You know what you got then.

Look again...ND is the only one that will not be playing a FCS team this next year or after.

The SEC is notorious about scheduling FCS teams toward the end of their season. The rest of the country has them at the beginning.

• Fire 1

I don't want to even think about Rutgers and Maryland joining the B1G.... The conference has been watered down dramatically with those additions...

Let's wait until they play a game in the league before we claim they water down the conference.

Plus, it seems strange for the newcomer to bash newer teams to the conference, doesn't it?

We're Nebraska. We actually brought something too the conference from a competitive/historical standpoint. Nebraska's football program speaks for itself, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska had a better basketball program than both of them (Rutgers, Maryland) in a few years.... Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for their success, and improvement; I do have my doubts though....

I remember when Texas Tech and Baylor and a mediocre Texas watered down the Big 8.

I don't remember thinking that, but I was also relatively young.... Even so, you can't possibly be excited about these two additions outside of the traveling/tourists attractions.

We're Nebraska. We actually brought something too the conference from a competitive/historical standpoint. Nebraska's football program speaks for itself, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska had a better basketball program than both of them (Rutgers, Maryland) in a few years.... Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for their success, and improvement; I do have my doubts though....

Rutgers just had 7 players drafted into the NFL. We had 2.

Just saying.

• Fire 1