Bands that should have been bigger

I'd add in Social Distortion. Always thought they had that "it" sound, and they didn't seem to get the credit they deserved.

Corrosion of Conformity

2zsveoh.gif?1292539558

I'd like to add Clutch. They're probably the best example of a band that should be much bigger than they are.

Also, I always thought Pearl Jam and Nirvana got the credit Soundgarden and Alice in Chains deserved.

Totally with you on Soundgarden and AiC. They always get forgotten. Side note, AiC has a new album out soon!

I could list several bands that no one ever heard of at all, but that's probably a different thread. That said a couple I think should have more notoriety than they do are Machine Head and Mastodon.

Idk if you have heard or not, but Soundgarden is back together and will be touring soon!

Yep, and I have their new album too.

Soundgarden-King-Animal-608x608.jpg

I concur with Smithereens...

And i'll had The Replacements and Husker Du. WIthout either of those two bands, alt rock is vastly different. Also, Helmet. Helmet was "Nu Metal" before we knew what that was. The lead guitar player and vocalist, Page Hamilton, studied at Julliard.

Also Alice in Chains. Best band of the 90's for my dollar...

Willie Dixon

Hard to imagine what the first two Led Zeppelin albums would've sounded like without stealing from him

Or the Stones, Cream, the Doors, Muddy Watters, Howlin' Wolf...He was also the session Bass player at Chess Records which usually included Arainging the music for ~80% of the artists coming in..But his voice...

I grew up listening to other artists interpretations of his songs first, but unlike most music where you like what is familiar the best..Only Zeppelin approached him in "I Can't Quit you Babe" and "You Shook Me",..The rest of them sounded like Dogsheit compaired to Willie doing his songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbcYo4kaDzs

• Fire 2

There are a lot of nice bands mentioned here...

I'd also add

...(Funny..all the mentions of wonderin' why he never made it big in the video I clicked on).

Arc Angels. Alice In Chains (who my 12 year old seems to have taken over my obsession and now collects everything he can find by them), Soundgarden, Spirit (with Randy California), Slipknot, Pablo Cruise, Sweetwater? Rockin' Dopsie and his Cajun Twisters.

I also expected Indigenous to be much bigger by now.