Bands that should have been bigger

The only song from The Cult that I know of is "Edie"

You now have to go listen to Wild Flower, She Sells Sanctuary, and Fire Woman. Those are my go to, old school rocking songs. I love Sanctuary it always puts me in a good mood even if I don't know half the words to this day.

The only song from The Cult that I know of is "Edie"

You now have to go listen to Wild Flower, She Sells Sanctuary, and Fire Woman. Those are my go to, old school rocking songs. I love Sanctuary it always puts me in a good mood even if I don't know half the words to this day.

I just went to listen to this and it turns out I don't have it on my mp3 player. egads!

Toto had a few hits back in the 80s but I think they were pressured to play a style that was MTV friendly. They were left for dead here in the US but have been able to keep playing over in Europe. Still have a solid following over there. Here is a clip from a show back in 2007 . . .

Bobby Kimball has an amazing voice. Just throwing that out there.

Toto is another great example of what I am talking about. They were on there way up when MTV started they wern't real video frendly.

Good Call OH.

Fire Woman is my go to Cult song. GSG I bet you have heard by The Call.

I bet you heard this by The Smithereens.

The song from The Call sounds vaguely familiar, but the one from The Smithereens does not. I'll have to give them a better listen when I get home from work.

I'd add in Social Distortion. Always thought they had that "it" sound, and they didn't seem to get the credit they deserved.

Corrosion of Conformity

2zsveoh.gif?1292539558

I'd like to add Clutch. They're probably the best example of a band that should be much bigger than they are.

Also, I always thought Pearl Jam and Nirvana got the credit Soundgarden and Alice in Chains deserved.

• Fire 4

I'd add in Social Distortion. Always thought they had that "it" sound, and they didn't seem to get the credit they deserved.

Corrosion of Conformity

2zsveoh.gif?1292539558

I'd like to add Clutch. They're probably the best example of a band that should be much bigger than they are.

Also, I always thought Pearl Jam and Nirvana got the credit Soundgarden and Alice in Chains deserved.

Totally with you on Soundgarden and AiC. They always get forgotten. Side note, AiC has a new album out soon!

I could list several bands that no one ever heard of at all, but that's probably a different thread. That said a couple I think should have more notoriety than they do are Machine Head and Mastodon.

Corrosion of Conformity

2zsveoh.gif?1292539558

Totally with you on Soundgarden and AiC. They always get forgotten. Side note, AiC has a new album out soon!

I could list several bands that no one ever heard of at all, but that's probably a different thread. That said a couple I think should have more notoriety than they do are Machine Head and Mastodon.

Idk if you have heard or not, but Soundgarden is back together and will be touring soon!