What country do your favorite musicians come from?

The blues based brit bands really wish they could have been poor southern boys, like Skynard and the Allmans...

Not to mention you're forgetting four important British bands, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Cream, and the Yardbirds...

Thats a nice list, but doesn't compare to what we have here at home (in no particular order)

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

First off, I didn't forget any of the bands you mentioned. I just chose not to list them, except for Cream, I did in fact mention them in my post.

Secondly, there's no way in hell that the bands you listed can hold a candle to the bands of the British Invasion.

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better. (Obviously music choice is an opinion, but I'm speaking more in terms of cultural significance, success, what they did for music, etc.)

The blues based brit bands really wish they could have been poor southern boys, like Skynard and the Allmans...

Not to mention you're forgetting four important British bands, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Cream, and the Yardbirds...

Thats a nice list, but doesn't compare to what we have here at home (in no particular order)

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

First off, I didn't forget any of the bands you mentioned. I just chose not to list them, except for Cream, I did in fact mention them in my post.

Secondly, there's no way in hell that the bands you listed can hold a candle to the bands of the British Invasion.

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better.

Would there be criteria for "better". Album sales or something?

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

i +1'd you, despite you listing 'the eagles'.

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

And CCR.

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

And CCR.

ccr is what put me over the top to +1 him.

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

And CCR.

ccr is what put me over the top to +1 him.

I don't trust them, nobody from California sounds like that.

• Fire 1

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better. (Obviously music choice is an opinion, but I'm speaking more in terms of cultural significance, success, what they did for music, etc.)

I would have to agree that the top 5 British bands are going to cleanup on any 5 American bands.

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Who

In fact, no 5 other bands you could list from anywhere are going to touch that list regardless of criteria. And this is from a guy who would put SRV, AC/DC, and Rush within the same category. However, it does begin to tighten up between the US and GB when you allow for all bands from those particular countries. But top 5 no doubt belongs to the Brits. It really isn't even debatable.

Let's try (even cheating);

AC/DC

Rush

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Pick 2- The Eagles, CCR, Van Halen, Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, ....it already isn't so clear.

• Fire 1

:yeah

I love my fair share of American musicians...

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

CCR

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Tom Petty

Steve Miller Band

ZZ Top

The list goes on. I think JJ nailed it with GB having the best of the best, but as far as total artists, it's definitely debatable.

I would have to agree that the top 5 British bands are going to cleanup on any 5 American bands.

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Who

In fact, no 5 other bands you could list from anywhere are going to touch that list regardless of criteria. And this is from a guy who would put SRV, AC/DC, and Rush within the same category. However, it does begin to tighten up between the US and GB when you allow for all bands from those particular countries. But top 5 no doubt belongs to the Brits. It really isn't even debatable.

Let's try (even cheating);

AC/DC

Rush

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Pick 2- The Eagles, CCR, Van Halen, Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, ....it already isn't so clear.

If you are talking influence, then The Jimmy Hendrix Experience Is more than capable of going head to head with any of the Brits. Greatest guitarist is a bit impact. Its a damned tragedy he died so young.