The Christian Response to Jason Collins

Regarding that persecution complex - this is a thread about a gay NBA player coming out, and one mention of religion and now greater than half the posts in this thread are talking about Christianity.

Threads evolve and rarely stay on-topic, so it's not that big of a deal. But when threads derail in this forum, more often than not they become a debate over Christianity. It is what it is.

Regarding that persecution complex - this is a thread about a gay NBA player coming out, and one mention of religion and now greater than half the posts in this thread are talking about Christianity.

Threads evolve and rarely stay on-topic, so it's not that big of a deal. But when threads derail in this forum, more often than not they become a debate over Christianity. It is what it is.

Is that more fueled by the defenses for and by Christians or the criticisms and attacks levied against? Not just in this thread but as a general principle.

• Fire 1

Is that more fueled by the defenses for and by Christians or the criticisms and attacks levied against? Not just in this thread but as a general principle.

Probably equally by both.

has christianity been attacked in this thread? other than people being happy for a homosexual, even if it is an abomination unto the lord?

This perhaps?

When was the last time Muslim moralism was celebrated in this country? Or Hinduism? Or scientology-ism? I guess I don't understand why Christians feel such a need to have a pat on the back and be told how wonderful their religion is, when that same group of people often goes out of their way to ostracize other religions.

• Fire 1

has christianity been attacked in this thread? other than people being happy for a homosexual, even if it is an abomination unto the lord?

This perhaps?

When was the last time Muslim moralism was celebrated in this country? Or Hinduism? Or scientology-ism? I guess I don't understand why Christians feel such a need to have a pat on the back and be told how wonderful their religion is, when that same group of people often goes out of their way to ostracize other religions.

i do not think that was an attack of christianity as much as a criticism of some christians.

• Fire 1

This perhaps?

i do not think that was an attack of christianity as much as a criticism of christians.

Ah thanks for clarifying. Silly me.

This perhaps?

i do not think that was an attack of christianity as much as a criticism of christians.

no prob.

i do not think that was an attack of christianity as much as a criticism of some christians.

Good thing I used the word Christians and the word criticism so you are referring to the same thing....

This perhaps?

no prob.

Then someone stating that a lot of terrorists are muslims isn't an attack of Islam but simply a criticism of muslims, correct?

Then someone stating that a lot of terrorists are muslims isn't an attack of Islam but simply a criticism of muslims, correct?

what does islam have to do with this conversation? and a terrorist is a terrorist, why should i care about their religion?

why should the religion of islam be associated with muslim terrorists anymore than christianity should be associated with the westboro baptist church or any other fringe group that claims its membership?

Good thing I used the word Christians and the word criticism so you are referring to the same thing....

i do not really know what you are saying. it is possible that we are in agreement.

what does islam have to do with this conversation? and a terrorist is a terrorist, why should i care about their religion?

why should the religion of islam be associated with muslim terrorists anymore than christianity should be associated with the westboro baptist church or any other fringe group that claims its membership?

Why are Christians cited above as ostracizing other religions? Are they the only ones that do this?

Why are Christians cited above as ostracizing other religions? Are they the only ones that do this?

so every time it is mentioned that christians may ostracize others a footnote is required of all religions that are liable of the same? that seems unnecessary. this was a conversation about a homosexual player announcing his homosexuality and it has devolved into a conversation about muslims not getting criticized enough because christians get criticized more?

pass me that kit-kat bar and give me a break.