"Reason" to blame for holocaust

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/05/03/national_day_of_reason_backlash_penny_nance_blames_the_holocaust_on_reason.html

Anthony Foxx, the mayor of Charlotte and Obama's pick for the next Secretary of Transportation, issued two city proclamations yesterday. One of them recognized the National Day of Prayer; the other one declared the day to be a Day of Reason. The second proclamation noted that the country was founded on the principles of reason and that "it is the duty and responsibility of every citizen to promote the development and application of reason." Even though we have no evidence that Mayor Foxx was taking a passive-aggressive swipe at the folks at Fox News, they decided to take it as an affront anyway, bringing on Penny Nance, the CEO of Concerned Women for America, to worry that once you start using reason, next thing you know, you're committing a mass genocide and starting a world war.

"You know the Age of Enlightenment and Reason gave way to moral relativism. And moral relativism is what led us all the way down the dark path to the Holocaust."

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Fire 1

Why....oh why.....do people watch political commentary shows/networks? I beg someone to give me a good answer that makes sense.

I don't know, but it's a damn shame that these morons probably hold a good deal of sway over a lot of people who do watch them.

We may have a winner in the "stupidest things ever said on television" category....

Is anyone shocked that it happened on Fox News?

i do not want to beat up on fox news, but it is their fault that their incessant need to be a victim lead them to allow this person some authority. there are crazy people out there, we know this, but i am pretty stunned at how fox spun a 'reason day' as a veiled swipe at them.

We may have a winner in the "stupidest things ever said on television" category....

i do not want to beat up on fox news, but it is their fault that their incessant need to be a victim lead them to allow this person some authority. there are crazy people out there, we know this, but i am pretty stunned at how fox spun a 'reason day' as a veiled swipe at them.

From watching that vid clip, I took it as they were trying to make it into an attack on Christianity. Which seems to be a common theme for Fox.

From watching that vid clip, I took it as they were trying to make it into an attack on Christianity. Which seems to be a common theme for Fox.

i would say that it is rather insulting to christianity if you think that the promotion of reason is a direct attack on christianity.