NTSB reccomends lowering blood alchol level that constitutes drunk driving

Actually having laws that didn't allow nearly unlimited repeat offenses for drunk driving would be a better thing. First offense is a warning with a temporary suspension of license for a couple weeks. 2nd offense...you're done driving for 10 years. f#*k off. 3rd offense, you don't ever drive again.

I know 3 different people with 7 or more DUIs. One guy has 9 and can't get a license. The other 2 guys somehow have a license. The guy with 9 has done over 2 years in jail and I was told including courts costs and lawyer fees, he is stuck for $30k. He farms 1800 acres so money isn't an issue but my Gawd. Now I'm not standing on a soap box here cause I got one when I was 18 while attending drUNK. But seriously, you have to kill someone before they dont let you drive. To me it's a money thing and that's just sad.

I usually limit myself to no more than 3 drinks if I am the one responsible for driving. And I usually cut myself off 1-1.5 hours before leaving just to be sure. Having a family and a business just doesn't make it worth the risk anymore.

Now if my wife is driving, it's game on!

Under this new rule, you'd be over the legal limit.

(Assuming you're 180 lbs)

That's 3 drinks for the whole night. Not in an hour or anything. Also, sadly, I am no longer 180 lbs. That number left me shortly after getting married to a woman who is a wonderful cook and baker.

• Fire 1

According to Ulty's chart, I can drink a bottle of wine in 60 minutes and still be under the limit.

Which is kinda scary, since there's no way I'd drive if I drank that much. I can't imagine what I'd feel like if I drank that much.

You probably wouldn't feel much of anything until the next morning.

According to Ulty's link, I can have 5 beers over 2.5 hours and be right at 0.05.

Does anyone know how much a glass of water between each drink will affect you? (Other than making you pee a lot more)

I know I'm a little older but I always remember drinking while driving(booze cruising). The person sitting shotgun had 2 jobs. Keep the tunes flowin, and keep the driver at or under 25 mph. It was HS and even college days but it was cheaper than sitting in a bar for 4-5 hours like I do nowadays for husker games. Not condoning this behavior today. But it was a different time 20yrs ago livin in small town NE. Road parties Bon fires and such. I'm told by younger siblings that these things don't happen anymore. Watching the Friday Night Lights TV series probably best describes what we did in HS. At least the extra curriculars. Probably why I love the show so much.

• Fire 1

According to Ulty's link, I can have 5 beers over 2.5 hours and be right at 0.05.

Does anyone know how much a glass of water between each drink will affect you? (Other than making you pee a lot more)

I am not sure it affects you at all, as far as blood/alcohol level goes.

Water won't affect your BAC, the only thing that will lower it is time.

According to Ulty's chart, I can drink a bottle of wine in 60 minutes and still be under the limit.

Which is kinda scary, since there's no way I'd drive if I drank that much. I can't imagine what I'd feel like if I drank that much.

Yeah, I'm not totally convinced of the accuracy of that website.

I know I'm a little older but I always remember drinking while driving(booze cruising). The person sitting shotgun had 2 jobs. Keep the tunes flowin, and keep the driver at or under 25 mph. It was HS and even college days but it was cheaper than sitting in a bar for 4-5 hours like I do nowadays for husker games. Not condoning this behavior today. But it was a different time 20yrs ago livin in small town NE. Road parties Bon fires and such. I'm told by younger siblings that these things don't happen anymore. Watching the Friday Night Lights TV series probably best describes what we did in HS. At least the extra curriculars. Probably why I love the show so much.

I'm with you. Those were the days. Road trippin all night long. It was fun but pretty stupid when you look back at it. Glad I made out of my teens with fairly unscathed. Kids today just don't know how to do it right.