Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

Then why didnt Heard come in when Rex got hurt?

The doghouse theory has been debunked on numerous occasions.

+1.

The notion that Heard was our best back up is a laughable farce, especially since most people on here only have theories and speculation as to why he changed positions so often.

I'm inclined to trust the coaches on matters of who's best and who should be playing. Heard switched positions numerous times and couldn't crack the starting lineup. If he was the best option for us at running back he would have been playing. End of discussion.

That's my point.

We're not at practices. We're not at conditioning drills. We're not even in the classroom (well, some of us may be). Maybe Braylon was a clown. Maybe he slacked a bit in workouts. Maybe he couldnt fully grasp all responsibilities of the position. 95% of us on this board really know nothing about Heard except he was put in the game in situational calls to rip of a 7-10 yard run here and there, thus generating a perception that he's the best back we got and Bo and staff screwed him over and ran him out of town.

No thanks. It's beating a dead horse. The thing is Elmer's by now, and I'll take the coaches perspective over anyone's. There was not room for Braylon full-time in the backfield with Taylor and Newby comin in, the coaches realized this, but wanted to find a way for Braylon's athletic ability on field somehow out of a slot/slasher type position but he obviously didnt want to so he left-for Kentucky :rollin - where he can be the man. It is what it is. Our running back position is going to be fine.

I am so done talking to you AllNRed. You are a piece of work, and MUCH worse than Hedley. At least that dude could admit when he was wrong. The link I provided, showed ALL 3 of his times ran that day, so wouldn't you f'ing take his FASTEST f'ing TIME, since after all HE DID RUN IT, its a recorded time there?!

Its people like you that pull knowledgable people away from forums. Its honestly ok to be wrong every once in a while, seriously. To even think that Abdullah is slower than Burkhead is laughable on its own, but you have it stuck in your head that its true. Even if AA was to beat him in a footrace, you would still argue that he was slower, because it was a "different drill"

I could care less if you think I lose credibility, but you should learn how to be respectful to others when replying. I have yet to sit here and belittle you, except calling you a piece of work, because you simply are. I am done with you, and your senseless posts. Your Gods gift to Husker football and know everything about it. Everyone is wrong, I understand it.

I am so done talking to you AllNRed. You are a piece of work, and MUCH worse than Hedley. At least that dude could admit when he was wrong. The link I provided, showed ALL 3 of his times ran that day, so wouldn't you f'ing take his FASTEST f'ing TIME, since after all HE DID RUN IT, its a recorded time there?!

Its people like you that pull knowledgable people away from forums. Its honestly ok to be wrong every once in a while, seriously. To even think that Abdullah is slower than Burkhead is laughable on its own, but you have it stuck in your head that its true. Even if AA was to beat him in a footrace, you would still argue that he was slower, because it was a "different drill"

I could care less if you think I lose credibility, but you should learn how to be respectful to others when replying. I have yet to sit here and belittle you, except calling you a piece of work, because you simply are. I am done with you, and your senseless posts. Your Gods gift to Husker football and know everything about it. Everyone is wrong, I understand it.

I'll make it easier for you both...

Neither of them are "fast"

After watching some of Abdullah's highlights from this last season, I'm really impressed with his footwork. I never really noticed this until I saw a compilation of his runs from this season. It's difficult to see where he's going to take his body. One of the big differences between AA and Burkhead was this ability to make cuts. Burkhead could do it, but his body motions gave away the direction he was going to go. AA is able to make those quick cuts more effectively.

If he had a higher top end speed he would be fantastic.

AA will be splitting carries by mid season with Adam Taylor.

Splitting I doubt. I could see him sharing with newby, cross, and Taylor. Much like heard, green, and Abdullah we're used their fresh years.

Trust me. Adam Taylor is a better back than the ones you listed when they were his age. He's the best back we've signed since Ahman Green.

Splitting I doubt. I could see him sharing with newby, cross, and Taylor. Much like heard, green, and Abdullah we're used their fresh years.

Trust me. Adam Taylor is a better back than the ones you listed when they were his age. He's the best back we've signed since Ahman Green.

I think he looks like a stud. But if you say he will split carries from our all B1G RB, I find that hard to believe. Splitting meaning he will get the same amount of carries as Abdullah. I hope he does come in and tear it up, but the way we run our offense with tempo and how we like to stay with the hot hand, I dont see Abdullah coming off the field a lot. Ameer is a stud and has outworked a 5 star back and Heard was a top 100 kid. Again, I think you are right that Taylor is a great RB and he has a great combination of size and speed. But i would bet that if you take the carries total from the mid-season to end Ameer will have a more carries (barring injury)

I think he looks like a stud. But if you say he will split carries from our all B1G RB, I find that hard to believe. Splitting meaning he will get the same amount of carries as Abdullah. I hope he does come in and tear it up, but the way we run our offense with tempo and how we like to stay with the hot hand, I dont see Abdullah coming off the field a lot. Ameer is a stud and has outworked a 5 star back and Heard was a top 100 kid. Again, I think you are right that Taylor is a great RB and he has a great combination of size and speed. But i would bet that if you take the carries total from the mid-season to end Ameer will have a more carries (barring injury)

We run under center more than people seem to remember. That weird toss play is the huge example. Aaron Green was never a five star back. At the end of his senior year he was rated right around where Braylon was. Neither of these kids ran for 2700 yards and 45 TDs or basically singlehandedly won their teams a state title. Adam Taylor is the best back Bo has ever signed and by mid-season he will be a big part of our running game. Not because the cupboard is bare, because he's that good.

I hope he does come in and tear it up, but the way we run our offense with tempo and how we like to stay with the hot hand, I dont see Abdullah coming off the field a lot.

This is a good point. Seriously. But here's the other side. What if Taylor gets a hot hand, like, for the year?

Ahman Green is a good comparison. But an honest question to ask is, if Phillips doesnt get suspended and Benning and Childs at times dont get hassled by minor injuries, does Green get the look he got when he got it?

I look all the way back to the we-backs of '91 and '92 with Derek Brown and Calvin Jones. Calvin was a true freshman competing with a returning back in Derek Brown, and they wound up splitting time literally down the middle almost immediately.

EZ's comment about Taylor being the best back signee since Green is intriguing, because I've been told Coach Osborne's been heard saying the same thing.

Now, if only that defense.....

We run under center more than people seem to remember. That weird toss play is the huge example. Aaron Green was never a five star back. At the end of his senior year he was rated right around where Braylon was. Neither of these kids ran for 2700 yards and 45 TDs or basically singlehandedly won their teams a state title. Adam Taylor is the best back Bo has ever signed and by mid-season he will be a big part of our running game. Not because the cupboard is bare, because he's that good.

Green was a 5 star back according to scout and I believe ESPN. Just as important in our offense is the stretch zone play were we pull center and guard and need a speed back to stretch the defense and find a seam or get the edge. That play sets up or qb run game too. It makes the defense defend the whole field. The toss is a staple in our offense too, but I believe Newby high school ran that play alot also.

Taylor had great H.S. numbers but he also had 2 extra games bc of exhibition games they played he got 16 games his senior year. Newby had 2300 and and 43 td's in only 14 games. So, stat wise they are pretty even. I think both those backs bring exactly what we are looking for at the rb position. I think that is how we got both of them bc they both have something that will make our offense hum. Cant wait to see these guys battle it out for carries in the Fall. I still give the guy that has done it before the edge over any fresh who has not played at this level yet.

I don't recall his rating on scout. His senior year was very under-whelming and he got out worked while he was here. AA took that job and earned it.

As you can tell, I am very high on AT and think it was an absolute crime he wasn't rated as a top 5 back in the nation as he earned it. It will be hard to keep him off the field this year.