Whose team is it? Students? Alumni? Boosters?

Team Ownership  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A recent comment by Landlord prompted this thread. Who has greater "ownership" of the team? Do current students, who are the peers of the players? Do alumni, who not only have been students but who have supported the team in the adulthood? What level of "ownership" do generic fans, who have never attended UNL have? What about boosters?

Note - don't get hung up on the word "ownership."

Note #2 - yes, it's the players' and coaches' team first. That's not what we're talking about here.

i think, as americans, we expect everything to be democratic. but i would say the team is the administrations' and it is to do with it as they see fit (i.e., what is best for the university). that or taxpayers, but taxpayers 'own' the administration and vest their trust in them.

Cop out answer of "some combination".

I'd say mostly "fans" which includes current students, alumni and others who've never had an official relationship with the school. Really "all of the above" is about the same. Not sure any one group has more stake than another.

Students.

The University is there for the students. The football team is part of the university. When I say "students", I am including the team since they are students also.

Knapp, I think you and I were there around the same time when the student section was on the East side. It was much bigger than it is now. These students are the future boosters of the program. A dwindling student section does not bode well for future donations.

I honestly remember sitting in seats around the 40-50 yard line as a student looking over at the west side hoping that some day I can have season tickets with as good of seating some day as an adult.

Hmmm...still have yet to reach that goal.

This is a very difficult question. I'm having trouble answering it, especially since I am not an alumni.

Students.

Without the students, the university doesn't exist, and the team doesn't exist. They're the foundation that makes it possible, and they're the most loyal, vocal and dedicated fans.

I will say that I don't necessarily agree with the bolded.

This is a very difficult question. I'm having trouble answering it, especially since I am not an alumni.

Students.

Without the students, the university doesn't exist, and the team doesn't exist. They're the foundation that makes it possible, and they're the most loyal, vocal and dedicated fans.

Especially since some students aren't even fans of the team.

Students.

Especially since some students aren't even fans of the team.

Would you say aTm has a bigger student following of the team and are their students more involved with the game?

LINK

Watch the video.

Heck, they even have yell practices with the students.

These kids are the future financial backing of the program.

Students.

Without the alumni and boosters, Memorial Stadium and many other capital improvements don't exist. Those are also integral parts of the "University."

I think it is a combination of all of those people. (Cop out answer).

Students.

Without the alumni and boosters, Memorial Stadium and many other capital improvements don't exist. Those are also integral parts of the "University."

I think it is a combination of all of those people. (Cop out answer).

Yes, it is a combination, I was taking the question to mean who's is it more than anybody elses? The alumni and boosters WERE students, and even with memorial and those improvements not existing, the team would still exist. Because of the university. Because of the students.