Phil Steele's 2013 All BIG Team

Only three Nebraska players on the the defensive side of the ball. I thought Pelini was a defensive genius and would be able to get dominant defensive recruits on the field. Guess that didn't work out too well. 3 players? No wonder we lost some really lopsided games.

Umm, no genius. Last I checked there were 11 on the defensive side of the ball.

Pelini does have dominant defensive recruits, we just haven't seen them on the field yet.

Only three Nebraska players on the the defensive side of the ball. I thought Pelini was a defensive genius and would be able to get dominant defensive recruits on the field. Guess that didn't work out too well. 3 players? No wonder we lost some really lopsided games.

Try harder next time.

What is it that I am going to try harder at? The truth is the truth, no matter what red tinted glasses you wear. I am a huge Husker fan. Have been for the past 42 years. I can tell you point blank, the NU defense this year does not measure up to the defenses we have had in the past. There is no argument about that.

I will tell you point blank, that you have no idea what our defense will be like this year. You haven't seen them in action yet. Not sure how you can tell anyone "point blank" that they wont measure up to defenses of the past. Where on earth did you come up with that? Maybe I missed something here. Trolling??

I will tell you point blank, that you have no idea what our defense will be like this year. You haven't seen them in action yet. Not sure how you can tell anyone "point blank" that they wont measure up to defenses of the past. Where on earth did you come up with that? Maybe I missed something here. Trolling??

While I firmly believe the defense has more talent this year, we're young and lack depth at the most important position group on the defense - the line. We're also young and lack depth at the second most important position group on defense - the linebackers.

Most of the evidence suggests we'll struggle defensively this year, and I don't think it's far-fetched to suggest that.

Get off of my Zaire bandwagon, I'm the only one allowed! #TeamZaire #FreeZaire

#FreeZaire. Zaire has been free since 1997. It is now called the Democratic Republic of Congo. Dikembe Mutumbo is angry that you do not know your history.

tumblr_mhv2kzQnlc1qc5xbko1_400.gif

Try harder next time.

What is it that I am going to try harder at? The truth is the truth, no matter what red tinted glasses you wear. I am a huge Husker fan. Have been for the past 42 years. I can tell you point blank, the NU defense this year does not measure up to the defenses we have had in the past. There is no argument about that.

A point of clarification. In order to have a great defense, even a good defense, there has to be enough of a core group in the defensive line, linebackers, and D-backs to be able to build around. We do not have that. We have not had that for a couple of years. Granted, this year's defense is yet to take a three point stance, but based on the likely hood of someone stepping up their pace to make it to any all conference list or gain any national notoriety, the chances are slim that we will have a vastly improved defense. That is the reality check.

And no, I do not troll!

Put Jake Cotton on as a dark horse.

Adam Taylor will be freshman of the week once or twice.

Taylor is a freakin stud no doubt! I hope he plays right away, but seriously, there's a lot of hype out there about Imani Cross, yet you don't buy it? Care to share why?

Get off of my Zaire bandwagon, I'm the only one allowed! #TeamZaire #FreeZaire

#FreeZaire. Zaire has been free since 1997. It is now called the Democratic Republic of Congo. Dikembe Mutumbo is angry that you do not know your history.

tumblr_mhv2kzQnlc1qc5xbko1_400.gif

I'll admit, I didn't really know a lot about Zaire until the spring game. Then, when I witnessed him bitch slap two big ass dudes like they were hoes he was pimpin, then straight body slam the hell out of another dude......yea, Zaire is for real.

edit: I don't normally talk like that. I don't know wtf is wrong with me. Sorry ladies.

Taylor is a freakin stud no doubt! I hope he plays right away, but seriously, there's a lot of hype out there about Imani Cross, yet you don't buy it? Care to share why?

We have not signed a back like him since Ahman Green. Combined with the workouts Taylor has been doing and his abilities there is no way we keep him off the field. When he gets here in a week you'll be hearing a lot about him.

Not an indictment on Cross, moreso we signed a top 5 (at least) back in the nation in 2013.

We have not signed a back like him since Ahman Green. Combined with the workouts Taylor has been doing and his abilities there is no way we keep him off the field. When he gets here in a week you'll be hearing a lot about him.

Not an indictment on Cross, moreso we signed a top 5 (at least) back in the nation in 2013.

That's what I was thinking. Not that Cross isnt for real, but Taylor will simply be better.