Manziel

I'm no big fan of Johnny Manziel, but you all are entirely too quick to judge and condemn a teenage kid.

Personally, I would hate people worshiping me like a God. Just because you think it would be awesome and think it's nothing but a positive doesn't mean it might not be incredibly burdensome for somebody else. Yeah maybe he is ungrateful, but so am I. So are you. You live in America for goodness sake.

People's problems are their own problems and affect them the way that they do. To condemn someone because they have a hard time with their problems that you are certain you would be fine with is to be arrogant and ignorant.

I brought this up on the difference in philosophy and priorities between Sumlin and Pelini.

Manziel gets into a fight at a bar he had no business being in since he got in with a fake ID. Gets suspended for the year. Threatens to transfer. Sumlin comes to his defense and he starts, beats Bama, wins Heisman, etc....

Suttles gets into a fight at a house where alcohol is involved and Pelini kicks him off the team for good.

I'm no big fan of Johnny Manziel, but you all are entirely too quick to judge and condemn a teenage kid.

Personally, I would hate people worshiping me like a God. Just because you think it would be awesome and think it's nothing but a positive doesn't mean it might not be incredibly burdensome for somebody else. Yeah maybe he is ungrateful, but so am I. So are you. You live in America for goodness sake.

People's problems are their own problems and affect them the way that they do. To condemn someone because they have a hard time with their problems that you are certain you would be fine with is to be arrogant and ignorant.

That's fine. But it goes with being a great athlete so you basically have two choices: learn to live with it or quit.

That's fine. But it goes with being a great athlete so you basically have two choices: learn to live with it or quit.

Living with it and being happy with it are two completely different things. You've never whined or moaned about your job or your school or "x" problem in your life? Only difference is you aren't put on a pedestal and demanded to be perfect and say and do all the right things.

Living with it and being happy with it are two completely different things.

Agreed.

You've never whined or moaned about your job or your school or "x" problem in your life? Only difference is you aren't put on a pedestal and demanded to be perfect and say and do all the right things.

Like I said, you have two choices.

Living with it and being happy with it are two completely different things. You've never whined or moaned about your job or your school or "x" problem in your life? Only difference is you aren't put on a pedestal and demanded to be perfect and say and do all the right things.

Just so we are all clear. The events discussed in the article happened BEFORE Manziel became a starter, winner, football god, Johnny Football, etc...He was on no ones radar.

Or murder someone...

• Fire 3

Or murder someone...

Touche

• Fire 1

I'm having a hard time agreeing with Landlord on this. In fact, I'm having a hard time even seeing his point. That rarely happens, if ever at all. I usually always fully understand Landlord viewpoint, even if I strongly disagree with it. But this one gets me.

Bottom line is, this "kid" has the world at his hands. Is there pressure? Sure. Are there unreasonable expectations? You bet. Are the positives heavier than the negatives? Yes, and it's not even close. I dont care. I would trade lives with this kid in a heartbeat. I wouldnt even have to think about it. (not that mine is bad. Dont go there. That's not the discussion). I would love to see this cuddled "god" walk a mile in my shoes. And frankly, I wouldnt mind walkin a mile in his.

No. I have no sympathy for these "kids". Yes, these 18-19-20 year old "kids" Jesus Christ, most to all of these "kids" would sh#t their pants if they had to live the way a lot of 18-19-20 year old "kids" live. Yes, I am a hardass. I was raised by a hardass. I have no sympathy, regardless the circumstances. He trademarked his damn nickname for christ's sake. Give me a break. Let's look at the big picture folks.

• Fire 3

Man, this kid has such a hard life. He just can't seem to catch a break. I guess he is being forced into the spotlight.

IFWT_Rick-Johnny.jpg

Manziel-money_original.png?1364342237

Manziel(1).jpg

johnny-manziel-weed.jpg

It's so hard out here for a pimp.

No one is going to feel bad for this kids speeding ticket or bar fight. He needs to just go sit down somewhere and STFU.

• Fire 1

Man, this kid has such a hard life. He just can't seem to catch a break. I guess he is being forced into the spotlight.

IFWT_Rick-Johnny.jpg

Manziel-money_original.png?1364342237

Manziel(1).jpg

johnny-manziel-weed.jpg

It's so hard out here for a pimp.

No one is going to feel bad for this kids speeding ticket or bar fight. He needs to just go sit down somewhere and STFU.

I love that there is someone flashing the longhorn symbol in the window at him.