Manziel

Except that JFF has a lot more sound mechanics than Tebow and is not just a big bruiser who can also throw a little. Johnny is a GOOD quarterback...one who needs to grow up, but who has the fire, tools, and leadership to successful in the pros.

But time will tell, and really arguing about it (like I just did) is silly.

Yep, time will tell. I hope the kid gets it together and can find it in himself to work hard to change how he is perceived. No matter how good he is, NFL teams DO look beyond skill and talent. Sometimes a player has the skill to be drafted early and ends up much lower because of off the field issues during school.

Certainly a good athlete, but needs some serious work as a human being. It would be a waste to see the negative side of his personality win the ultimate battle he is fighting.

Flood, I whole-heartedly agree. Yes, he is a tremendous athlete, and I do think the media treatment has been a bit unfair.

That being said, I feel like he has brought a lot of this on himself and if he can grow and learn from it, it will be a benefit to him.

Was the media being unfair when they were giving him mouth hugs on every sports broadcast and putting him on every magazine cover saying how he was the second coming of Jesus?

The media has been very balanced in their coverage, imo.

Flood, I whole-heartedly agree. Yes, he is a tremendous athlete, and I do think the media treatment has been a bit unfair.

That being said, I feel like he has brought a lot of this on himself and if he can grow and learn from it, it will be a benefit to him.

You'd be wrong in thinking that. Not that I don't understand, he's your quarterback, but comeon man - this guy is a heisman trophy winner. The media gave him this platform with their unending praise and adoration and he ate it up.

Could it be possible both sides were wrong? That it was wrong to build him up so high, yet equally wrong to tear him down so viciously?

Gregg Doyel wrote a very interesting column about the relationship between an athlete's perception and the media.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23491669/overwrought-media-make-johnny-manziel-a-sympathetic-figure

Could it be possible both sides were wrong? That it was wrong to build him up so high, yet equally wrong to tear him down so viciously?

Gregg Doyel wrote a very interesting column about the relationship between an athlete's perception and the media.

http://www.cbssports...pathetic-figure

Yes, it is wrong. But it's equally wrong towards every American celebrity in existence. So saying it's "unfair" to Manziel is still not really appropriate.