Manziel

He's a pretty decent guy, from what I've read.

He's a pretty decent guy I want to say about 85% of the time. I think it's the people he associates himself with and that make the other 15% of him the more talked about and the more criticized part of him.

I think this statement is ENTIRELY fair. Of course, the websites and publications now him being a "good guy" does not drive clicks and readership. It's the "scandals" the "partying" etc. that drives it, so that's what they publish.

Have a family friend that is fairly high up the totem pole as an administrator for the athletics department at A&M. Can't remember her exact job title but she works with a lot of the players in every sport. I asked her about Manziel and her opinion of him and she thinks he is a great kid and thinks quite highly of him (she has met him in person). Says he does all sorts of good things off that field that you never hear anything about (lots of work with kids and various charities, etc.) She actually feels sorry for him b/c of how negatively the media portrays him. It's difficult for me to imagine him as anything but a prima donna, self entitled rich kid but that's the only side I've ever seen of him from the media, so it makes sense. It's got to be quite frustrating if you're Manziel; a 20 year old kid trying to live your life but constantly being in the spotlight and not for any of the good things you do. Anyways just thought it was interesting to hear her take on Manziel, knowing him a little more personally than the rest of us.

So it was the media that made him use his "money" celebration or tweet that he can't wait to get out of College Station?

Haha, nah. I still think he's a little stuck up and certainly doesn't do himself any favors by doing any of that crap. Supposedly the "money" celebration is a big joke with the whole team. It's just like any news though, bad news sells, good news doesn't (or at least that's the media's thought process). Makes it much easier to develop a negative opinion about a person when you only see that one side of them (the bad). Same could be said about having a positive opinion about a person if you never see their bad side.

I personally wouldn't mind him if:

1- He didn't jaw off to every defender after he scores a touchdown.

2- He didn't get all the credit for everything he does. Seriously, he has one of the best WRs in college football in Evans but yet when he throws for 400 yards against a team with Evans having almost 300 of those. He makes a tackler miss then throws up a jump ball to a guy in triple coverage who muscles his way to a catch and ESPN paints him as a god.

Obviously, #2 is not his fault. Just something I wanted to get off my chest. I did root for the guy last year, although I didn't want him to win the Heisman. I think all the talk about him is getting to his head. His ego is starting to catch up with his football skills.