Manziel

Things I think after reading the last few posts. I think Manziel is the best player in the country. He should be the Heisman winner this year. Winston is nipping at his heels and if Florida St wins the ACC, it will be a tough call. Ndamukong Suh should have won the Heisman that year. The 3 candidates that finished ahead of him were great players but you could argue that they were not always the best player on the field in any given game. You can't say that about Suh.

They argued that Nebraska's record hurt him. I argued that if your team is THAT GOOD, then it shows clearly how outstanding he was. If you've got a DL full of studs, then they're all gonna have great stats. AS it was, Suh was almost ALWAYS double teamed, and he still terrorized QBs

Things I think after reading the last few posts. I think Manziel is the best player in the country. He should be the Heisman winner this year. Winston is nipping at his heels and if Florida St wins the ACC, it will be a tough call. Ndamukong Suh should have won the Heisman that year. The 3 candidates that finished ahead of him were great players but you could argue that they were not always the best player on the field in any given game. You can't say that about Suh.

They argued that Nebraska's record hurt him. I argued that if your team is THAT GOOD, then it shows clearly how outstanding he was. If you've got a DL full of studs, then they're all gonna have great stats. AS it was, Suh was almost ALWAYS double teamed, and he still terrorized QBs

It's funny how the voters use that against some players and not others. Look at Robert Griffin III, Baylor had 3 losses the year he won and they finished 3rd in their conference.

It's funny how the voters use that against some players and not others. Look at Robert Griffin III, Baylor had 3 losses the year he won and they finished 3rd in their conference.

But he was far and away the best candidate that season regardless of W-L records

It's different this year with so many teams still undefeated or having 1 loss

I will be totally shocked if Manziel wins another Heisman this year. He may be the "most outstanding player" but his off-field antics will drive away enough voters who don't want to the second dual winner to be a sophomore and especially one who's had his share of bad publicity.

Not to mention the whole 'upstanding character' element that is SUPPOSED to be a pillar of the Heisman fraternity but that gets ignored by everybody.

It is funny to see them occasionally discount win-loss records though - same thing happened with Tim Tebow.

But he was far and away the best candidate that season regardless of W-L records

It's different this year with so many teams still undefeated or having 1 loss

Suh was the best player that year far and away.

• 3 months later...

Legendary Coach Thinks Johnny Manziel Is 'An Arrogant Little Prick'

“I don’t like his antics," Switzer said. "I think he’s an arrogant little prick. I’ve said that and I’ll say it again. He’s a privileged kid, he’s embarrassed himself, he’s embarrassed his teammates, he’s embarrassed his coaches.”

“For whatever his antics are, he’s the best that I’ve seen," Switzer said. "I have never seen a quarterback in college football… control of the game like he does and put up the numbers he does. It is fantastic what he’s done, against good competition. Game after game after game he puts numbers up that are staggering….. He’s the most dominant, most dynamic college quarterback I’ve ever seen in a long, long time.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know whom the Browns are trying to impress.

He texted us mid-draft, 'I wish you guys would come and get me. I want to wreck this league together.' That was so awesome I forwarded it to the owner right away and he thought it was so awesome he immediately said, 'Hold the presses. We're trading up to get him.' - Browns QB coach

And its predecessor, I saw a homeless guy a few days before the draft and he said, 'Draft Manziel.' So that's when I knew. - Browns GM

Also, I love that this paragraph exists:

More likely, the reproachful trio is reacting to Manziel's past pattern of behavior, which is kind of like a rich dude winning over Miley Cyrus with a romantic love sonnet, only to give a salty speech at their wedding decrying his bride as a "mirror-kissing heathen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350605/article/cleveland-browns-must-let-johnny-manziel-be-johnny-manziel

The Browns sure know a bust when they see it. The GM taking advice from homeless men does explain a lot.

This guy will be an absolute cancer in the clubhouse, and dropping so far in the draft probably means most NFL teams suspect the same thing. He'll pull a Vince Young and be gone in 5 years.