Manziel

I didn't realize providing links and valid arguments, while proposing alternate points of view made me a crybaby.

You're not a crybaby, and your points are respectable. But your recent posts are starting to paint Manziel as an innocent victim. Everything else in this thread is just people having fun.

Ulty, you're probably right. I guess my emotions are a little raw after seeing him, in my perception, being dragged over the coals by the media over the summer.

People on this thread have mostly been respectful as they just discuss the situation.

And I know he's not innocent. I know he's made mistakes and still has a lot of growing up to do.

Ulty, you're probably right. I guess my emotions are a little raw after seeing him, in my perception, being dragged over the coals by the media over the summer.

People on this thread have mostly been respectful as they just discuss the situation.

And I know he's not innocent. I know he's made mistakes and still has a lot of growing up to do.

tumblr_lrrg3h81Dp1qluxkso1_500.gif

He didn't find the spotlight. The spotlight found him. He's a kid enjoying his life and ESPN figured he'd make a good meal ticket.

This is an excellent article about the situation.

http://blogs.houston...ster_heel_p.php

And I know, I know. Y'all hate him. You hate him so much that there is a 9 page thread about a player that isn't even in your conference. Yet, instead of blaming the media that shoves him in our faces 24/7, you attack a college student.

It's cool.

Exactly. Funny that some people think differently. ESPN more than any other network has turned 'sports journalism' into anything but. They may as well be Extra or E! News because that's more or less what they're becoming/they've become.

Don't blame ESPN. I don't even watch that channel and I could deduce he's a prick.

If you win the Heisman, especially as an underclassmen, media-types are going to talk about you. What they talk about is entirely dependent upon what you give them to talk about.

Sounds logical

Yep. ESPN didn't give him lack of humility. They just reported on it.