Manziel

My point is that Johnny does a lot and is quite a remarkable person. Yes he makes many mistakes, but he's young and he's still learning.

In the above article, ESPN only wanted that picture so they could smear A&M. They were simply asked to not use the photo in a negative light, and they couldn't agree to that.

My point is that Johnny does a lot and is quite a remarkable person. Yes he makes many mistakes, but he's young and he's still learning.

In the above article, ESPN only wanted that picture so they could smear A&M. They were simply asked to not use the photo in a negative light, and they couldn't agree to that.

Agreed about the bogus ESPN garbage (assuming it's true); tired of the role they are having in corrupting athletics.

However, I don't buy the "Johnny is a remarkable person" idealism. Not disagreeing with it, just saying there is no basis to come to that conclusion. External actions are external actions and can be done by the most rotten people just as effectively as the most pure-hearted. Judge actions as actions, but don't judge hearts as actions, either negatively or positively. Especially if you're going to use those as a case for him being great while ignoring the equal number of actions that make him out to be a selfish buffoon.

I guess my point is less to argue about him being an exceptional person and more about the fact that he isn't a dbag.

Your last two posts said he's "actually a pretty darn good person" and "a quite remarkable person" :lol:

But hey, you're welcome to think so, and I get it. If he was on my team I would want to believe the best in him too - always do. But I'm of the opinion that altruistic acts are easier to fake than douchebag acts - you can purposefully do good deeds but you don't purposefully act like an immature clown unless you are one, and he's acted like one a number of times from what I see.

Also, I would venture to guess that ESPN does not bow down to the demands of people to use their twitter pics. That is probably the most reasonable explanation why they didn't agree. Would they have used it in a negative light? If they thought it would drive business, I would say yes. But they don't care about the feelings of individuals and their twitter accounts that much.

I do find it strange that the person who wrote the article conveniently did not show a snapshot of the tweet showing ESPN saying "What's your price?" or the actual tweet of their protection of A & M and immediate response from ESPN. Something tells me there is more to it than that and this guy took advantage of the fact that ESPN won't respond to this.

Johnny Manziel is a douche.

He's also a phenomenal college quarterback, and his douchiness doesn't change that. Personally, I don't think it's anything to get fussed over whether you're a fan of Manziel or not. He is what he is. He's not the first football player to be a douche and he's not going to be the last.

He didn't find the spotlight. The spotlight found him. He's a kid enjoying his life and ESPN figured he'd make a good meal ticket.

This is an excellent article about the situation.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/09/johnny_manziels_monster_heel_p.php

And I know, I know. Y'all hate him. You hate him so much that there is a 9 page thread about a player that isn't even in your conference. Yet, instead of blaming the media that shoves him in our faces 24/7, you attack a college student.

It's cool.

• Fire 1

He didn't find the spotlight. The spotlight found him. He's a kid enjoying his life and ESPN figured he'd make a good meal ticket.

This is an excellent article about the situation.

http://blogs.houston...ster_heel_p.php

And I know, I know. Y'all hate him. You hate him so much that there is a 9 page thread about a player that isn't even in your conference. Yet, instead of blaming the media that shoves him in our faces 24/7, you attack a college student.

It's cool.

LEAVE JOHNNY ALONE!

leave-britney-alone-02.jpg