HeyBurke's Explanation Thread

Has Bo let a bunch of guys stay on the team after failing multiple drug tests?

I have no idea. I would sure hope not. If there's one thing I think Bo Pelini is really good at, that's enforcing the rules he lays out for his players. Some posters here seem to think that he should just let things like failed drug tests slide, though. That's not cool in my book.

Who in the holy hell said that? What players have failed a drug test?

The problem here is that you're mixing your opinion of how real things should be handled with speculation and innuendo. I, for one, stated that I didn't think a first occurance of marijuana use should be a situation that gets a kid kicked off the team. That is not the same thing as a failed drug test. That is not the same thing as a speculated 4th infraction. Who said Bo should let failed drug tests slide? Who has failed a drug test? Are you even beginning to see what the problem is here?

Someone in the thread connected this to drugs. Everyone got in a funk about how drugs aren't bad m'kay and I said that if the team rules are zero tolerance for drugs and they failed a UA, they should get kicked off. I know the team rules in 2010 were zero tolerance and I don't really think Bo has changed his rules.

I have no idea.

Then why make that presupposition in the first place, and base a thread topic around it?

"I don't know if HeyBurke stole those 50 tokens from the fat kid at Chuck E. Cheese's, but if he did it was wrong".

Listen, buddy, I sent you a PM asking you to stop making jokes at my expense. Be a man and stop. Though, I shouldn't expect much from you after that whole debacle you had with EZ-E.

I wasn't making a joke. I was using that as an example of how ridiculous it is to presuppose things like that. It's almost like asking a loaded question. "Are you still beating your wife?"

And EZ-E and I are friends now. Let it go.

I have no idea.

Then why make that presupposition in the first place, and base a thread topic around it?

"I don't know if HeyBurke stole those 50 tokens from the fat kid at Chuck E. Cheese's, but if he did it was wrong".

Listen, buddy, I sent you a PM asking you to stop making jokes at my expense. Be a man and stop. Though, I shouldn't expect much from you after that whole debacle you had with EZ-E.

tumblr_lqu4e8mXrE1qajqxto1_500.gif

• Fire 4

I have no idea.

I wasn't making a joke. I was using that as an example of how ridiculous it is to presuppose things like that. It's almost like asking a loaded question. "Are you still beating your wife?"

And EZ-E and I are friends now. Let it go.

The fact that you and him are buds now doesn't cancel out the awful joke you made at his expense. You thrive on this board on insulting people and very, very rarely add anything of substance to any topic.

• Fire 2

I have no idea.

whambulance.jpg?w=600

• Fire 1

I have no idea.

tumblr_lqu4e8mXrE1qajqxto1_500.gif

27476-Al-Bundy-laughing-gif-Io98.gif

• Fire 1

The fact that you and him are buds now doesn't cancel out the awful joke you made at his expense. You thrive on this board on insulting people and very, very rarely add anything of substance to any topic.

Yes, many moons ago The Dude made a facetious joke, and many butts were hurt. Most everyone has gotten over it, you're still bringing it up . . . why? Is that what you would consider adding substance to your fictional topic of Bo keeping guys on the team who have failed multiple drug tests?

And I wasn't insulting you anymore than you were insulting Bo Pelini for how he runs his program. Again, the point of the made up story was to illustrate how silly it is to presuppose things like that, for the sake of, I guess, discussion.