Strength of Schedule

I sat next to a kid in UNL who had transferred in from Ole Miss, he talked about how every week it was so fun because all the home games were great and I really did not think much of it back then. Thinking about it now, it would be pretty cool to see some of those teams but back then in the mid-to late 90's, it was like, who cares!

The SEC uses the 'camouflage' technique...play conference games right away, that way, no one pays attention when you're playing Southern University of Central Kentucky Institution of Technology in November.

Pretty smart, they basically have a bye week in the middle of conference play

• Fire 1

The SEC uses the 'camouflage' technique...play conference games right away, that way, no one pays attention when you're playing Southern University of Central Kentucky Institution of Technology in November.

If I had to make a criticism of the SEC's non-conference schedules, it's that they play 1 or 2 great opponents, then the rest are joke schools. They also use leverage that their conference schedule is difficult to help say that they have played an extremely tough schedule.

If I had to make a criticism of the SEC's non-conference schedules, it's that they play 1 or 2 great opponents, then the rest are joke schools. They also use leverage that their conference schedule is difficult to help say that they have played an extremely tough schedule.

Its used for tv. But on the note of playin lower teams in Nov. Would you rather Nebraska have to play a conference game right off the bat, sometimes in that first game or play your gimmies to warm up. Also most play 3-4 great schools in conference.. Both the east and west have 3 high level teams. Plus nearly every elite SEC school has a major BCS rival they play every year.

Just like in the b10 your cross games can make you look better than you are (vandy) who avoided the big 3 in the west. Or you can catch 2 of the three best.

From a fans point of view, I love when the Huskers have a big game. But in reality, it probably doesn't matter all that much, if they go undefeated they will probably be in the NC game.

If OSU is as good as advertised and we were to somehow manage running then board then beating them in the CCG our SOS would almost certainly be good enough to get us in the big game

From a fans point of view, I love when the Huskers have a big game. But in reality, it probably doesn't matter all that much, if they go undefeated they will probably be in the NC game.

That's true, but a weak schedule prepares you less for a championship game. Plus, it's often a question of which 1-loss team goes to the NC, and that's where a weak SOS keeps you out.

I wouldn't read too much into the NCAA's SOS ranking. It's based on last year's records, and things can change a lot year-to-year in college football.