2016 & 2017 Schedules Released

Pretty sure the way parity scheduling will work is that you will get h&h with UM,OSU, and Penn State whenever they are available, + 2 rotating.

My guess is that 2018-19 will look something like

2018: Penn State, @Mich, @MSU

2019: Mich, @Indiana, Maryland

and then 2020 will rotate OSU back on again.

In other words, greed is leading to these huge conferences which are ruining the sport.

Couldn't have put that any better...

Just think what it will look like if they went down the road of four 20 team super conferences??

i am guessing they would break down to 4 five team divisions. it would probably look a lot like the nfl.

this could be fixed though. just end non-con games and keep it all in conference.

i am guessing they would break down to 4 five team divisions. it would probably look a lot like the nfl.

this could be fixed though. just end non-con games and keep it all in conference.

While this is true, the amount of bitching and bellyachin' that will come with that is going to be legendary...

Just think what it will look like if they went down the road of four 20 team super conferences??

I think someone has posited this before but it makes pretty good sense. You play the rest of your division (4 games) and one entire other division (5 games), rotating the other division every year. The two divisions paired on a given year would produce one representative for the CCG against the winner of the other division pairing. You get to see every team every three years, although it would be six years between when you get to play non-division teams at home, but that's tough to avoid with so many teams.

I think someone has posited this before but it makes pretty good sense. You play the rest of your division (4 games) and one entire other division (5 games), rotating the other division every year. The two divisions paired on a given year would produce one representative for the CCG against the winner of the other division pairing. You get to see every team every three years, although it would be six years between when you get to play non-division teams at home, but that's tough to avoid with so many teams.

i think they could organize it in a way that would be really conducive to playoffs, which i think is good.

[

That will never happen without a radical economic shift in how the game works today. Teams depend on at least 7 home games for a 12 game season. I don't see a snowballs chance in hell that any team worthy of being in a super conference gives up competitive advantage for money. Non-cons have become budget balancers. Unless the conference can afford to give $5+ million to half the schools in the conference every year it isn't economically viable. I know they deal in outlandish figures on a regular basis but taking $50MM off the top of your budget seems more crippling than empowering.

I think 10 Con 2 non Con is a good structure.

the Big Ten should NOT move to it until the SEC does though.

That's what I would have preferred when they were deciding whether to go to a 9 game conference schedule or 10 games.

When the SEC decides to remain at 8 games and schedule FCS opponents the week before rivalry week you really can't go to 10 and expect to get two BCS-type teams picked consistently.

Congrats on finally playing IU

You mean the new Iowa State?

I don't think IU has beaten OSU, PSU or scUM since 1988.

ISU is better than that right? I would say ISU is like Minnesota or something.

All-Time Series Iowa leads 39–21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa-Iowa_State_football_rivalry

Iowa traditionally is better than Iowa State. As far as Iowa v. PSU under Joe Paterno, Iowa would routinely ruin PSU national championship runs (08 several other years). Iowa had PSU number. As to Michigan Iowa upsets them quite a bit, when at home. As to Ohio State Iowa beat them in 2004 (Almost 10 years ago!) lol.

Iowa is like Northwestern or Iowa State - they don't play for a national championship, they play to ruin your chances at a national championship. Only chance Iowa has this year against Nebraska is if Nebraska is 11-0 going into the Iowa game.

http://en.wikipedia....ootball_rivalry

Iowa traditionally is better than Iowa State. As far as Iowa v. PSU under Joe Paterno, Iowa would routinely ruin PSU national championship runs (08 several other years). Iowa had PSU number. As to Michigan Iowa upsets them quite a bit, when at home. As to Ohio State Iowa beat them in 2004 (Almost 10 years ago!) lol.

Iowa is like Northwestern or Iowa State - they don't play for a national championship, they play to ruin your chances at a national championship. Only chance Iowa has this year against Nebraska is if Nebraska is 11-0 going into the Iowa game.

We're talking about Indiana.

http://en.wikipedia....ootball_rivalry

We're talking about Indiana.

Woops