Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 1)

Bo Pelini's job security  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bo will never get fired for W/L. I think there's enough sutiors out there at the pro and college levels that he would just quit if he ever felt he had lost support.

He will not up and leave, regardless how bad the support is. With the size of contracts and buy-outs, payoffs, and quickness of which they are paid when a program does want someone gone, there's no way that would happen. Hell even Dan Hawkins stuck around until he was canned, and you know he wanted out after about 23 minutes.

but hawkins had no where to go, Bo more than likely would.

Luckily, when we fire Bo after this season he can fall back on his baseball career. The Cubs could probably use a southpaw out of the pen.

Doubtful. That's not even the proper 4 seam grip. :D

We're talking the Cubs here, remember.

Throwing the 2 seam fastball. More movement on it to fool the hitter into thinking its an off speed pitch :lol:

Bo will never get fired for W/L. I think there's enough sutiors out there at the pro and college levels that he would just quit if he ever felt he had lost support.

He will not up and leave, regardless how bad the support is. With the size of contracts and buy-outs, payoffs, and quickness of which they are paid when a program does want someone gone, there's no way that would happen. Hell even Dan Hawkins stuck around until he was canned, and you know he wanted out after about 23 minutes.

If things get that bad, and Bo becomes that bitter, he's still not gonna give up millions in buy-outs by up and leaving on his own, and probably having to have himself or his next employer pay for a buy-out of his own. It's just not feasible. It's not how business is done.

Unless of course I'm wrong. haha.

Exactly. Bo wouldn't be walking away from money, he'd just decide to accept it from somewhere else.

Not sure if anyone else would have watched it, but I was watching College Football Live the other day, and they rated the top 5 college coaches who would be candidates for NFL gigs, and Bo was put at #5. He is widely respected for being a great defensive mind.

If things get that bad, and Bo becomes that bitter, he's still not gonna give up millions in buy-outs by up and leaving on his own, and probably having to have himself or his next employer pay for a buy-out of his own. It's just not feasible. It's not how business is done.

Unless of course I'm wrong. haha.

In all honesty...it's exactly how business is done. And Tom set Bo's buyout at $250,000. Think that'll worry anyone wanting to hire him?

• Fire 1

I agree. Professional football is the more likely. Bo's coaching style and his approach to the game is better suited for dealing with professionals. His defensive scheme is also suited for the professional level more than college.

Not sure if anyone else would have watched it, but I was watching College Football Live the other day, and they rated the top 5 college coaches who would be candidates for NFL gigs, and Bo was put at #5. He is widely respected for being a great defensive mind.

I would agree with that up until the last 2 seasons. His defense has gotten shredded last couple of years. Be nice to atleast have something in the 2010 defense range going forward.

Eichorst is already being carefully watched by Husker Nation since taking over for TO. TO did his best to leave the athletic dept. in stable condition for the new AD. The last thing Eichorst wants is to fire Bo and tie himself to another HC. The heat would then be turned up on him quite early in his tenure. Nobody wants to see Bo succeed more than our new AD.

Depends if the new AD does find someone better. But until he does he would want Bo to succeed so it would be less pressure for him to make a quick decision on Bo.

Eichorst is already being carefully watched by Husker Nation since taking over for TO. TO did his best to leave the athletic dept. in stable condition for the new AD. The last thing Eichorst wants is to fire Bo and tie himself to another HC. The heat would then be turned up on him quite early in his tenure. Nobody wants to see Bo succeed more than our new AD.

Depends if the new AD does find someone better. But until he does he would want Bo to succeed so it would be less pressure for him to make a quick decision on Bo.

So you think he's actively seeking a new HC to see if he can find someone better?

So you think he's actively seeking a new HC to see if he can find someone better?

Well I think the new AD will give Bo 2-4 and then he will start to evualate Bo. Is Bo worthy of more money to keep him if all he is 9-10 wins a year? To me that is pretty reckless with money unless you are ok with mediocrity aka Iowa.

There are only two situations where Pelini gets fired after the season.

1 - the wheels completely come off and we miss a bowl game. Which I think is next to impossible to happen. They only way there are not 9 wins is if Martinez goes down, and Armstrong doesn't live up to the billing.

2 - Some horrible off-field revelation. And I think this has even less odds than the above.

Pelini might leave after the season, but little to no chance he gets fired, regardless how much some people might want him gone. No AD is at a level of insanity to fire a guy who, thus far, has never won fewer than 9 games.