Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 1)

Bo Pelini's job security  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a random thought. Don't tase me bro.

If this is the 3rd year in a row Beck saves Bo's ass, it'll be a shame if we let Beck get away. A Beckless Bo would be bad for business.

I think we've done about everything we can do financially to ensure Beck is around for a while. I'm sure we could throw a million or more at him, but don't see it happening. I don't see him leaving any time soon. Nebraska is going to have to win some big games before Beck's name starts to make it's way to the national stage. Right now he could probably leave for a mid-major, or a 1-12 Kansas type of team. If he wants a decent BCS level school, he's still got a couple of years as a Husker IMO. What Beck does isn't all that innovative, and he still goes full-Watson occasionally.

If he only wins six or seven games, it could happen. Don't think it will be an issue.

Agreed. I think 6-6 probably gets him fired before the bowl game, and 7-5 with a bowl loss gets him fired as well. With the schedule that we have this year, I think a 6 or 7 win season would be pretty unacceptable. Granted, this is likely a building year for the defense, but our offense should be one of the best in the nation and be able to keep us in just about any game we play. Losing that many games would probably show me that the players no longer believe in Bo, in which case it would be time to move on.

• Fire 1

If this is the 3rd year in a row Beck saves Bo's ass, it'll be a shame if we let Beck get away. A Beckless Bo would be bad for business.

I think we've done about everything we can do financially to ensure Beck is around for a while. I'm sure we could throw a million or more at him, but don't see it happening. I don't see him leaving any time soon. Nebraska is going to have to win some big games before Beck's name starts to make it's way to the national stage. Right now he could probably leave for a mid-major, or a 1-12 Kansas type of team. If he wants a decent BCS level school, he's still got a couple of years as a Husker IMO. What Beck does isn't all that innovative, and he still goes full-Watson occasionally.

I respectfully disagree. Schools are all about offense these days. And Beck has proven at multiple places, Kansas even, that he is capable of putting offenses on the field that have the ability to score 50+ every game. If you can score 35 points a game, I'm one who thinks that should be enough to achieve a victory. To be a championship level team, you have no business getting scored 35+ on. But I might be in the minority there.

With all that being said, I don't think Becks name will be popping up for any BIG schools just yet. But after this year, and maybe the next, we are going to have to either throw some major coin or I think he might be gone. Surely he wants a head coaching position at some point.

Bo will NOT be fired AFTER the bowl game based on performance. I say performance because of course anything could happen. That's just not gonna happen. If it happens or needs to happen, it will happen before the bowl, probably rather quickly after the last game. Basically, if he's still the coach a week after the last game, count on him being the coach for 2014.

I respectfully disagree. Schools are all about offense these days. And Beck has proven at multiple places, Kansas even, that he is capable of putting offenses on the field that have the ability to score 50+ every game. If you can score 35 points a game, I'm one who thinks that should be enough to achieve a victory. To be a championship level team, you have no business getting scored 35+ on. But I might be in the minority there.

With all that being said, I don't think Becks name will be popping up for any BIG schools just yet. But after this year, and maybe the next, we are going to have to either throw some major coin or I think he might be gone. Surely he wants a head coaching position at some point.

So what do you disagree with?

I am so tired of this conversation. Bo is a good coach and more importantly a great fit for Husker nation. I believe you can't fire a coach for many 9-4, 10-4 seasons in today's college football landscape. To fire Bo or even to think about firing Bo would be a step backwards for this program. I firmly believe a championship is just around the corner. I never felt that way with Callahan. This isn't coming from just a fan, this coming from a guy who knows football through and through. Fans on the other side of the spectrum need to wake up to reality.

If people were this passionate about the job our current US president is doing, our country would be in much better shape.

GBR

THE biggest problem with the Pelini era is that the team needs to figure out how to get over that hump. Before A&M in 2010 everything about the program was trending up, afterwards performance on the field has been stuck in neutral. Now neutral for us has still been pretty decent, one of only 4 teams with 9 wins since Pelini became coach, but faith is starting to run dry that Pelini is the man.

The only way we fire Pelini next year is if the season is an unmitigated disaster. I can accept the 9 and 10 wins a year (harder and harder to accept the blowouts) because Pelini's teams have been so good off the field as well. Up until Brown and Maurice(?) got kicked off the team the only incidents with the football players came about because of normal college kid shenanigans.

Beck had every opportunity to jump to an SEC school and a Big 12 school this past off-season. He wants to be here. I do believe he will be a head football coach some day though.

The thing people need to realize as well is that we will never have a better play-caller than the man that stepped down as our AD. Never. We were spoiled for many years.

Beck had every opportunity to jump to an SEC school and a Big 12 school this past off-season. He wants to be here. I do believe he will be a head football coach some day though.

The thing people need to realize as well is that we will never have a better play-caller than the man that stepped down as our AD. Never. We were spoiled for many years.

Huh, I actually agree with EZ on something. I feel dirty. I'm going to go wash the shame off me. :moreinteresting

Huh, I actually agree with EZ on something. I feel dirty. I'm going to go wash the shame off me. :moreinteresting

Dear lord and this is even documented for everyone to see. We can't let this happen again.

The irony is that I remember when Steve Pederson said he would not let Nebraska 'gravitate into mediocrity'. That's exactly where I feel we are at and have been from a national title contender perspective.

I would shed no tears if he were fired. The real problem lies in just exactly who would become our next head coach.

• Fire 2