Who wins a footrace...Crouch or Martinez?

Who wins a footrace....Crouch or Martinez?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So having a conversation tonight with my Fiance'....and the debate is...who wins a footrace? She says Crouch, I say Martinez. I'll say it's a 50 yard dash. Does Taylor's instant speed burst give him enough? Or does Crouch overtake him in the final 15 yards? Or does one of them just completely blow the other out of the water? I honestly think Taylor has the initial burst and the top end speed to beat Crouch even on his finest day (No disrespect to Crouch because he's probably top 2 greatest Huskers ever) It's just hard to deny Taylor's speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUFkFozrZEM

Then I watch videos like this and I start to really reconsider this....Is it just that Martinez is so fresh in the memory? Crouch really looks like he might be faster.....

Damn I wish these guys could rewind the time and line up for a race.

Yeah Martinez is just fresher in the memory and given that it's been about 10 years with good qb's that could run in between it just seems like Martinez is faster.

Martinez takes too long to get going. Crouch was running full speed from the get go.

George_bush_scratching_his_head.jpg

Martinez got caught from behind a lot more than you realize. Plus Martinez breaks a long run about 1 once a game and Crouch did it multiple times in a game when we were a more run oriented offense.

I don't know who would win, but I know Crouch appears faster for the following reasons:

1. He's shorter. Shorter legs = more strides.

2. His running motion is a lot more exaggerated. Makes him look faster compared to Martinez who has the look of not going full-out

3. Taylor lets up when he knows he has players beat. Crouch seemed to make it a mission to cross the goal-line as fast as possible.

• Fire 3

I think I'd take Crouch but it'd be close. Gotta remember Crouch ran 10.4 in high school as well as 4.4 at the combine. Crouch would be a god running the modern day spread. Was just watching the Wisconsin game from last year and saw a play where Taylor had a crease between two guys in the open field and got caught. My first thought was that Crouch would've split it and took it to the house. Martinez is electric but Crouch was something else.