*Official Nebraska 2013 Season Prediction Thread*

I enjoyed this thread last year, it really got me excited for the season. I thought I'd get it started this year. :)

2013 Nebraska Football Schedule

Aug. 31 Wyoming vs Nebraska W

Sept. 7 Southern Miss vs Nebraska W

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska W

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska W

Oct. 5 Illinois vs Nebraska W

Oct. 12 at Purdue vs Nebraska W

Oct. 19 BYE

Oct. 26 at Minnesota vs Nebraska W

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska W

Nov. 9 at Michigan vs Nebraska L

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska W

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska W

Nov. 30 Iowa vs Nebraska W

Dec. 7 B1G Championship Game Ohio State vs Nebraska L

Bowl game: ????

I think we could win every game this season, but I think we drop one. The games against Michigan and UCLA could both be wins or losses, same with Northwestern.

I think we could either go 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2, but I think we'll go 11-1.

What are you guys' thoughts? Post the schedule with a win or loss next to the game, you can also post scores and your thought about the matchup. :)

Best Case:

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska W

Oct. 19 BYE

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska W

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska W

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska W

Finish 11-1

Worst Case:

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska L

Oct. 19 BYE

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska L

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska L

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska L

Finish 7-5

We'll end up somewhere around 10-2 or 9-3 IMO.

I don't know if we'll actually be any better this year, but I predict 11 wins anyway. I'd be shocked with anything fewer than 10 wins, and a 12-0 regular season wouldn't surprise me either. But either way, I see another blowout in the CCG if Ohio State keeps rolling.

Perhaps the team can jell enough to prevent the championship blowout, and maybe 11 wins will get us to a BCS bowl. Maybe the peices will be there to get that bowl win.

I predict a final record of 12-2, with a CCG loss and a bowl win.

People will still grumble about the championship drought and a blowout loss, but it will be very nice for Pelini to get over that 10-win hump and into a BCS bowl.

Agree with knapp that we have plenty of questions on defense. But I think most of our schedule has as many or more questions on their teams as we do.

Wins - unless we totally implode:

Aug. 31 Wyoming vs Nebraska

Sept. 7 Southern Miss vs Nebraska

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska

Oct. 5 Illinois vs Nebraska

Oct. 12 at Purdue vs Nebraska

Oct. 26 at Minnesota vs Nebraska

Need to play well to win:

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska

Nov. 30 Iowa vs Nebraska

Have to have a really good game:

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska

Nov. 9 at Michigan vs Nebraska

I think we'd need an Iowa St. type implosion to lose any of the first six. We should score 35+ points on all of them and our D will be good enough to hold them below that.

Except for Northwestern, none of the middle four have enough offense to challenge even an average defense. We've proven we can score 28+ points against all of them except Iowa so the combination should be enough to win unless we give away several turnovers to even things up (which isn't out of the question).

The bottom two will obviously be tough but definitely winnable.

I'd say our offense will be good enough to win the first 10 on my list so I'd be disappointed in less than 10-2 but I'll say we get at least one of the UCLA/Michigan combo and go 11-1 but lose to tOSU in the CCG.

Not quite ready to make a prediction, got some more homework to do on the opponents still.

Question about the Illinois QB position. Will Scheelhaase be QB1 or not? At the end of last season I remember being berated by suggesting the young D could struggle against him, since he supposedly wasn't even the starter anymore.

But every Illinois preview I've read so far has him slated as the starter.

I think people are overlooking the Purdue game.

What is it about Purdue I should be seeing? Hazell did OK at Kent State, but I haven't seen anything that raises a red flag for me.

Nothing so much about them as much as the fact that they don't have the name brand and they fall in the right place on the schedule to be easily overlooked by our coaches/players. We've seen how far down to our competition we can play when we don't come prepared and taking them seriously.

I think people are overlooking the Purdue game.

What is it about Purdue I should be seeing? Hazell did OK at Kent State, but I haven't seen anything that raises a red flag for me.

Nothing so much about them as much as the fact that they don't have the name brand and they fall in the right place on the schedule to be easily overlooked by our coaches/players. We've seen how far down to our competition we can play when we don't come prepared and taking them seriously.

Northwestern 2011 Part Deux?

Not quite ready to make a prediction, got some more homework to do on the opponents still.

Question about the Illinois QB position. Will Scheelhaase be QB1 or not? At the end of last season I remember being berated by suggesting the young D could struggle against him, since he supposedly wasn't even the starter anymore.

But every Illinois preview I've read so far has him slated as the starter.

Scheelhaase really struggled last year, threw 4 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and is lacking any talent at skill positions. He may get some yards on us, but he won't be able to do it alone. I also wouldn't be a bit suprised to see their other Qb starting at that point in the season. They are not a very good fotball team.