Do you ever watch games at a watchsite?

I watch at the Pour House in Orlando. Everyones usually pretty focused on the game, and loud at the appropriate times. I've notcied a decline in attendance the past few years, possibly due to more games being easily available on B1G Network and National TV. Its very close to Disney and Universal theme park area, so we get alot of vacationers who want to feel at home. The owner of the bar, a small chinese woman, even makes homemade Runzas from time to time, if you're into that sort of thing.

A good watch site is an awesome environment.

In 2003, I was in Chicago for a work assignment and always went to a place called McGee's to watch the games every week. Not sure if it is there anymore. But I felt like I was back in college again at UNL going to a party, packed to the gills with red-clad neighbors. Even though I didn't know a soul in Chicago, every time I went to the watch site, I'd find all sorts of friendly folks to who would share their tables with me, and we would take turns buying drinks for each other. Met a couple friendly young ladies during those times to make my stay in Chicago a little more pleasant as well.

One morning while I was sitting at the bar enjoying an omelet and a beer before an 11:00 a.m. kickoff, I met Kevin Seibel (kicker from the early 80s) and his wife. I struck up a convo with them after noticing a rather conspicuous Big 8 championship ring on his finger. Had a great time teaching them the words to the school fight songs (me being a marching band alum) every time they would blare on the speakers after a score.

In Denver, I went to quite a few games at Fox and Hound watchsites as well. Always a friendly environment, often with prizes and special guests (former players) courtesy of the Coloradoans for Nebraska organization. It was a refreshing oasis of red while living in enemy territory.

I'm about 50/50 between watch sites and home here in Chicago. Kirkwood for most games but just moved and the one in Wrigley is a little closer. FYI, McGee's changed to Ohio State about 8 years ago.

I also just got AT&T Uverse (which has been amazing so far) with the wireless receiver. Means I can put a TV on my roof top for games. Tough to beat during the summer/early fall.

In the mid-90's I used to watch Husker games in NYC at the Bear Bar. It was a great time. The owner jumped on the wagon and became a huge Husker fan. Used to wear overalls with an "N" he had sewn to it. Used to staple my Husker flag to the outside of the bar on game day.

Great place to watch a game.

It has since closed for underage drinking (I think)

KC has a number of places, and I can guarantee you that very few of them are "casual" fans. You don't go out to a bar at 11:30 in the morning decked in Husker red if you're just a casual fan. Plenty of wives (mine included) get drug out with husbands....but for the most part I'd say the people at the bars around here are some of the most die-hard fans I'll run into during the season. And it's 100% Husker fans...the bar will be full hours before game time.

I'm about 50/50 between watch sites and home here in Chicago. Kirkwood for most games but just moved and the one in Wrigley is a little closer. FYI, McGee's changed to Ohio State about 8 years ago.

I also just got AT&T Uverse (which has been amazing so far) with the wireless receiver. Means I can put a TV on my roof top for games. Tough to beat during the summer/early fall.

That watch site in Wrigleyville is awesome. My dad's birthday is in mid September, and instead of going to Lincoln for one of the non-cons we made the trip to Chicago and spent the weekend watching the Cubs lose to the Cardinals. On the way to the Saturday game we saw a bar just a few blocks from Wrigley that had a Husker sign out front, we stopped by there (just minutes into the 1st QTR) and couldn't find a seat. Luckily a table became available and we were able to watch the rest of the game there.

Almost everyone was wearing Husker shirts or Jerseys (my table was decked out in Cubbie blue). They had plastic Husker mugs for the beer (I took home several). They played the fight song after TD's (This was the game we put up ~70).

Great time. Hope I get to go there again this year, but for an away game instead of a missed home game.

A few years ago I happened to be in Orlando the weekend we were scheduled to play Texas. Might have been Vince Young's first crack at us.

The bar was advertised as a watch site (don't know if that term was even invented yet), but openly advertised it as "THE PLACE" to watch the big game.

Someone screwed up because the Michigan/Sparty game was also on that day and tons of fans from both those schools showed up with banners, flags and all kinds of gear.

They tried to solve it by putting the MU/Sparty game on one TV on one end of the bar and the NU/Texas game on the other end of the room on a second TV.

The room was about 1/3 Huskers and 1/3 Michigan and 1/3 Sparty with just a handful of Texas fans sprinkled in.

Needless to say, the games were not synced and the noise was cacophonic.

Since Vince schooled us pretty good, the memories are not pleasant.

The only way that experience would have been positive (except for a Husker win, of course), is if you were just a fan of college football and not of any of these four teams.

Probably a great atmosphere for someone in that situation.

For us..............not so much.

That watch site in Wrigleyville is awesome. My dad's birthday is in mid September, and instead of going to Lincoln for one of the non-cons we made the trip to Chicago and spent the weekend watching the Cubs lose to the Cardinals. On the way to the Saturday game we saw a bar just a few blocks from Wrigley that had a Husker sign out front, we stopped by there (just minutes into the 1st QTR) and couldn't find a seat. Luckily a table became available and we were able to watch the rest of the game there.

Almost everyone was wearing Husker shirts or Jerseys (my table was decked out in Cubbie blue). They had plastic Husker mugs for the beer (I took home several). They played the fight song after TD's (This was the game we put up ~70).

Great time. Hope I get to go there again this year, but for an away game instead of a missed home game.

Nice. Glad you enjoyed. Honestly, all the watch sites (bars) in Chicago are amazing....for most college teams. Each bar picks a college affiliation, get mugs, has a DJ play fight songs, etc. Before it was available in Chicago, The Crossing and Kincades used to go get Boulevard Wheat from KC for Jayhawk games. The Chicago branch of the NU alumni association even brings in a past player to one of the bars (Kirkwood last time I believe) maybe once a season.

Chicago is an amazing sports city.