UCLA Game worries

Watching the games from last year, we very easily could have been 13-1 if not for bad luck. UCLA, Georgia, and Ohio State (depends on if you think one big run by Miller opened up the floodgates when we were trading haymakers before) all could have been wins very easily.

Fixed it.

Valid point. The fact that we went 10-2 last year instead of 6-6 showed the amount of heart and determination that this team possesses, which comes directly from Bo, and which is why I still support him as our head coach (with the disclaimer that I am getting pretty tired of the defensive efforts). And you can't deny that we did have some luck on our side during those comeback wins as well.

Watching the games from last year, we very easily could have been 13-1 if not for bad luck. UCLA, Georgia, and Ohio State (depends on if you think one big run by Miller opened up the floodgates when we were trading haymakers before) all could have been wins very easily.

Fixed it.

Valid point. The fact that we went 10-2 last year instead of 6-6 showed the amount of heart and determination that this team possesses, which comes directly from Bo, and which is why I still support him as our head coach (with the disclaimer that I am getting pretty tired of the defensive efforts). And you can't deny that we did have some luck on our side during those comeback wins as well.

So did Ohio State, but you don't hear people talk about it.

Fixed it.

This.

I think the Ohio State game was closer than a lot of people think. We were up 17-7 early in the first half and IF our defense would have held them we could have gone up 24-7 and maybe kept the momentum the whole game. Also IF Ameer wouldn't have fumbled against Georgia when we were driving in the third quarter we would have had a good chance to win. I know "ifs" don't mean anything just saying I think we could have had a lot better year than we did.

As opposed to the bowl performance of Nebraska at the end of the 1998 season, which was a loss to that perennial football powerhouse, the University of Arizona, in the always highly prized Holiday Bowl.

Wait, didn't the Bruins just get smashed in the Holiday Bowl by perennial football powerhouse Baylor? lol

But yeah, the 1998 Holiday Bowl was not a high point of Husker football. It pretty much marked the end of our '90s run. :lol:

But yeah, the 1998 Holiday Bowl was not a high point of Husker football. It pretty much marked the end of our '90s run. :lol:

Kinda. We were a Dan Alexander fumble in 1999 from another shot at a National Championship.

Yeah, you're probably right. That '99 team was the last team we've fielded that was legitimately a MNC caliber team. The '99 team was worlds better than Frank's 2001 team that played in the MNC game. The 2001 team got into that game by happenstance.

Kinda. We were a Dan Alexander fumble in 1999 from another shot at a National Championship.

Yeah, you're probably right. That '99 team was the last team we've fielded that was legitimately a MNC caliber team. The '99 team was worlds better than Frank's 2001 team that played in the MNC game. The 2001 team got into that game by happenstance.

True. But we "deserved" a shot (based on the entire season) just as much as Colorado or Oregon. Obviously Colorado beat us (handily) but they lost two games to our one. And Oregon had one loss as well but it was to unranked Stanford. No one was beating that Miami team.

I still love Mike Belotti's comment after learning they didn't get to play in the Rose Bowl: "The BCS is a cancer." Which could have been true. But if they were still on the old system they would have gotten to play in the Rose Bowl ... against Illinois while Colorado and Miami played in the Orange Bowl.

As opposed to the bowl performance of Nebraska at the end of the 1998 season, which was a loss to that perennial football powerhouse, the University of Arizona, in the always highly prized Holiday Bowl.

Wait, didn't the Bruins just get smashed in the Holiday Bowl by perennial football powerhouse Baylor? lol

No, but the 2012 Bruins sure kicked Nebraska's ass in the Rose Bowl.

Sorry, hate to be a bad guest, and I have been very civil up until now, but when a numbskull makes fun of the UCLA bowl game loss in the same season when the Bruins beat the Nebraska and racked up 600 yards of offense in doing so, he/she should be prepared to have the result of that game thrown in his/her face.

Might be a good idea not to talk smack about a team that beat you the last time you met. I certainly follow that rule.

We will see in September who is better THIS year but there is no doubt that the Bruins were better last year. Does anyone disagree?

No, but the 2012 Bruins sure kicked Nebraska's ass in the Rose Bowl.

I wouldn't call beating someone by 6 points an ass kicking..