Could you watch the Huskers on tape delay? Dilemma (input needed)

Here is the situation. . .

I picked up a second job about a week before Memorial Day weekend. It did two things:

It killed my downtime.

Put an extra 100-150 bucks in my wallet a week.

Thinking ahead . . .

A month from now college and NFL will start. Big football fan. Part time job requires you to work weekends. I'm going to talk to management on Friday to explore my options. Should I just put in a two week notice? Should I ask them if I could take a leave of absence until the first of the year? I'm not sure they are going to be very flexible with me having Sat and Sun off during the football season.

I can get by with just one job for the next few months but it will require some sacrifice on my lifestyle of which I'm not a big fan of.

It never hurts to ask. At worst they tell you no can do and you'll know where you stand.

If you really need the money though I personally wouldn't quit just because I wouldn't get to watch football games. From my experience yes it sucks but in the long run they're just games, and you'll hardly remember you missed them in a few years anyways. I always watched the games I missed on dvr or online but I never shied away from getting updates on my phone or radio at work when I could sneak a peak.

• Fire 1

Man I thpught I was bad about watching football, particularly Husker games but you guys are nuts. It's pretty simple; you either need the second job and the extra income, so you make it work or, you don't need it and in that case, you do what you want. Believe it or not, there are things more important than watching a football game live. Personally I would suggest, if you need the job, don't even ask about the possibility of having weekends off for football season. Nobody needs you that bad as an employee. Either suck it up and try DVR with info lockdown, realizing it will occasionally be ruined, or quit now.

• Fire 1

Man I thpught I was bad about watching football, particularly Husker games but you guys are nuts. It's pretty simple; you either need the second job and the extra income, so you make it work or, you don't need it and in that case, you do what you want. Believe it or not, there are things more important than watching a football game live. Personally I would suggest, if you need the job, don't even ask about the possibility of having weekends off for football season. Nobody needs you that bad as an employee. Either suck it up and try DVR with info lockdown, realizing it will occasionally be ruined, or quit now.

The bold part says it all.

I DVR and go on info lockdown.
Welcome to the board jager!

I'm too needy to ever go on full lock down. I would rather know the result and see how it happened then wait it out. Except the Iowa State debacle didn't care to see what I missed there.