Bo Pelini's Job Security Examined

Well, it is really simple.

The conferences are not the same as they were 100 years ago. Nor are the teams. Nor is anything. So, for the best "measure" of how we actually fair in bowl games, you'd have to take the statistics since conference realignment, WHICH does factor in because it shifts where each team plays. Since I know I'll have to make it very simple for you the top 4 teams are Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State (hypothetical) The top 4 teams in the SEC are (once again, hypothetical) Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina.

Ohio State vs. Bama

Wisc vs LSU

Mich vs Georgia

Michigan St vs South Car.

Now, with the addition of Nebraska, it knocks those teams down a peg (aside from OSU and Wisc, kind of) - making the big 10 more likely to win the matchup. So, realignment strengthens the conference and gives it more favorable bowl schedules. As Mich is more likely to knock of South Carolina, than Georgia for instance.The depth wasnt there in the conference. Now, it is starting to deepen, especially with Northwestern not rolling over.

Its always hard to get through to you so I'll ask a question. Were the athletes we needed to beat Georgia and South Carolina on the roster????

Georgia yes South Carolina no.

In what area were we lacking athletes that caused us to lose that game?

Its always hard to get through to you so I'll ask a question. Were the athletes we needed to beat Georgia and South Carolina on the roster????

defense. offense. it was 14-13 at halftime. It ended up being 30-13.

What a difference a year makes.

What a difference a year makes.

I don't do moral victories. A loss is a loss and a win is a win.

I agree with what Moiraine said earlier, if he starts losing 5 or 6 games, and more than half are in blow out fashion, then yes Houston, there is a problem...

But the one thing I guess I don't get from the fire Bo crowd, is that you're in such a hurry to get rid of him, the immediate solutions aren't feasible (i.e. Chris Petersen, Pat Fitzgerald). And the Scott Frost crowd comes roaring in, but even though he's "one of our own" he has no head coaching experience, and that really leaves you with Turner Gill as the only realistic option.

All of us have some level of concern regarding the defense, which is perfectly understandable after what we saw last year. With the favorable schedule and a solid offense, this is the best shot we've had in a couple years, and he has to know that if this season turns into a crap pinata, that the seat is going to heat up...

I never want to see you say anything about blowout losses then.

A bad loss is a bad loss, and a big win is a big win. There is no classifying competitive losses as wins.

Let me repeat myself again on this board:

I am using these statements to prove that the athletes are on our roster to compete with the 2nd best SEC team last year. We had every single opportunity to win that football game and they were not guys that were head and shoulders better than us.

A bad loss is a bad loss, and a big win is a big win. There is no classifying competitive losses as wins.

No ones saying they are. Only using them as a comparison that we are not that far off. A difference maker at DL and LB IMO.

Let me repeat myself again on this board:

I am using these statements to prove that the athletes are on our roster to compete with the 2nd best SEC team last year. We had every single opportunity to win that football game and they were not guys that were head and shoulders better than us.

Without an elite top 5 NFL draft pick at QB we win that game. An average QB? We win comfortably. Cam Newton proved one player in college makes all the difference. They had 7 NFL draft picks on D, our O made them look foolish at times. Like I said above a couple difference makers on D and were there.

i judge how bad we win or lose to who we play and how the season will play out. for all the close wins we had last year against sh**ty teams caught up with us in the ccg last year. when you play against better teams you can't fool anyone how good you are.