expansion news

First off, This is secondhand info from a Buckeye insider so this isn't my stuff. Just wanted to say Not connected to West Virginia University in anyway thank goodness.

Delaney and the Big Ten met this week with........... :hookerhorns.............and ..... :hookerhorns is lobbying for :spooners to be 16.

We will see if Delaney and Co. buy it.

So that would probably make it

East:

Ohio St.

Michigan

Michigan St.

Penn St.

Purdue

Rutgers

Maryland

Indiana

West:

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Iowa

Illinois

Minnesota

Perhaps unbalanced to the West in that scenario but that would make things interesting.

This isn't the first time it's come up. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But expansion isn't done. And - other than Notre Dame with the geographical fit - those two are the next best options. I'd be surprised if the B1G wasn't at least trying to talk to them.

Don't get me wrong.... The addition of Texas/OU would, in terms of prestige, put the B1G off the charts....

It seems like we've heard this sort of rumor about Texas for years and nothing has ever manifested. I'm against it if only because the Conference has become big and diluted enough already - add the cultural and geographic barriers and it gets that much worse. Sure there'd be more money, better recruits and the opportunity to see some interesting games in great venues but I still don't like that trade. These are college teams and its starting to feel like the NFL.