expansion news

OU would be a welcome addition. I would have no hesitation in bringing them into the B1G family. But I can name 200 others I would consider before Texass. I don't care what they could bring to the table; tv market, geographic location, recruiting exposure, academics ......I Don't Care. Texass can suck my sack. Besides that there is zero chance they would do it without special concessions, and greater than average control. Did I mention- f#*k Texass.

There are schools that have anchored the Big 10 for many years, Ohio State, Michigan, etc., that would tell Texas where to shove it if they try to do something like that. Everyone gets an equal seat at the table and if Texas doesn't want to play that way, they are not welcomed.

OU would be a welcome addition. I would have no hesitation in bringing them into the B1G family. But I can name 200 others I would consider before Texass. I don't care what they could bring to the table; tv market, geographic location, recruiting exposure, academics ......I Don't Care. Texass can suck my sack. Besides that there is zero chance they would do it without special concessions, and greater than average control. Did I mention- f#*k Texass.

There are schools that have anchored the Big 10 for many years, Ohio State, Michigan, etc., that would tell Texas where to shove it if they try to do something like that. Everyone gets an equal seat at the table and if Texas doesn't want to play that way, they are not welcomed.

Texas DOES want to play that way, that is why they were refused admission as the 12th member. Remember all the talk about expansion into the sunbelt?

Texas DOES want to play that way, that is why they were refused admission as the 12th member. Remember all the talk about expansion into the sunbelt?

I'm not so sure they were so hot on joining the Big Ten back then. They also had a "Tech" problem where they politically had to bring along their tortilla throwing cousins.

I don't know why that has changed now(perhaps because Aggy left the group).

Sorry, but I don't see this happening Woody. Not because of the GoR that Notre Dame Joe alluded to--but because you have not one, but two state legislatures to contend with before either school could leave.

Texass still has their 'Tech' problem (as the tOSU AD alluded to in email), and T. Boones Farms Pickens isn't going to let all that money he invested in Okie Lite go to waste in a non-BCS conference. Granted, Texass' and Oklahoma's legislatures aren't exactly known for squeaky clean politics, so if anyone can grease the wheels to make it happen, it's Texass'...but it would take a lot of grease, and I just don't see the ROI for Texass in doing that.

A Missouri school that took up with the SEC on the rebound and that now has some remorse about that decision is more likely.

Then again, the long play in all of this for the B1G isn't 16...it's 20. Mizzery and a school on the level of UConn would be more palatable if it's chased with a Texass/Oklahoma announcement.

---

Regarding Bevo TV...there have been discussions before about re-purposing that network. As long as ESPN agrees to it and tells Texass they're the ones doing it, Texass gets their money. Considering the massive TV deal that the B1G is supposedly going to reap in 2015, ESPN eating these costs to turn Bevo TV into, say, BTN West, is a likely possibility.

And remember that ESPN is already playing nice with Fox with the Pac-12 contract, so these two networks working together isn't unheard of.

Matt,

It might not happen but Texas IS looking into it. The Attorney General(Texas Alum) has people looking into the GoR.

That's whats important here. They are interested.

It seems they think they are becoming second fiddle in terms of attention in their state(nationally, not locally)

Matt,

It might not happen but Texas IS looking into it. The Attorney General(Texas Alum) has people looking into the GoR.

It seems they think they are becoming second fiddle in terms of attention in their state(nationally, not locally)

Texass was already looking into breaking the GoR to go independent, so I don't think this is anything startling. And we had discussed a while back that if any school had the fiscal and political wherewithal to break a GoR, it would be Texass--the process is going to be costly and laborious.

As for being second fiddle...well, as long as aTm is shacking up with the SEC, they're going to be second fiddle in media coverage. This isn't a Texass problem--it's a SEC problem, and that won't go away as long as ESPN keeps hitching their gravy train to the SEC's biscuit wheels.

As long as Michigan, tOSU, Wisky, and Neb can control Texass, they'll be a good addition. The problem is when Texass splits this group politically and starts making promises to the lower-tier schools to get them on board with their special brand of herpaderp...

• Fire 1

I could care less about Texas but have this feeling that they are finally seeing in the mirror what everyone else has been saying when it comes to them. The last 3 years have really been an eye opener for them when it comes to football and where they stand as a program. Texas has become second or even third fiddle to A&M and Baylor to an extent. It is showing in their on field performance and in recruiting in the state. I really do think that they wish they were in a different confrence and it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't trying to gain acceptance into the B1G.

Texas's entire athletic dept has had eye openers when it comes to performance. Remember, the wheels have all but fallen off for their other two steady jewels-basketball and baseball.

Agreed. And let's be honest--when (not if) the AD goes through and guts these programs to restart, it's not going to be pretty, and it will be a few years before they're back to where Whorn fans expect them to be.

Frankly, it will make the whole Callahan/Pedyshine years at DoNU look positively glorious in comparison.

Matt,

Texass was already looking into breaking the GoR to go independent, so I don't think this is anything startling. And we had discussed a while back that if any school had the fiscal and political wherewithal to break a GoR, it would be Texass--the process is going to be costly and laborious.

As for being second fiddle...well, as long as aTm is shacking up with the SEC, they're going to be second fiddle in media coverage. This isn't a Texass problem--it's a SEC problem, and that won't go away as long as ESPN keeps hitching their gravy train to the SEC's biscuit wheels.

As long as Michigan, tOSU, Wisky, and Neb can control Texass, they'll be a good addition. The problem is when Texass splits this group politically and starts making promises to the lower-tier schools to get them on board with their special brand of herpaderp...

I wonder if UT went balls to the wall and broke the GOR they could then say "You can't sue us, we have sovereign immunity." That would be a landmark case, especially in light of the Tech's screwing Leach.

Matt,

Keep this in mind - they play dirty, sceem and plot. This could be another ploy like the PAC 12 diversion to get more consesions from the schools that would be destroyed with out the Big 8 + 4 - 2 + 2