expansion news

OU and Kansas/or Misery. I would think OU could do running non-con games going with Okie Lite and UTerus to keep rivalries.

Kansas and Mizzery together to make 16 are much more likely than any combination of Texass or OU joining up.

Don't forget that Texass will have a legislative hurdle to overcome as well, and the governor of the state is an aTm alum. Not saying it can't be overcome (anything can be bought and paid for in Texass...), but they can't just leave on a lark.

SO, here's my question...would y'all WANT OU or Texas in the B1G?

As long as they realize they're no more important than Indiana is or Ohio State is, yes.

So, it's a no then for Coqui? 'Cause they'll show up day one thinking they're more important than the entirety of the B1G combined.

OU and Kansas/or Misery. I would think OU could do running non-con games going with Okie Lite and UTerus to keep rivalries.

Kansas and Mizzery together to make 16 are much more likely than any combination of Texass or OU joining up.

Don't forget that Texass will have a legislative hurdle to overcome as well, and the governor of the state is an aTm alum. Not saying it can't be overcome (anything can be bought and paid for in Texass...), but they can't just leave on a lark.

SO, here's my question...would y'all WANT OU or Texas in the B1G?

As long as they realize they're no more important than Indiana is or Ohio State is, yes.

So, it's a no then for Coqui? 'Cause they'll show up day one thinking they're more important than the entirety of the B1G combined.

They can think it all they want. They just have to realize they aren't. :P

There's no way OU goes anywhere without Okie State from what I understand. So let's just take OU and OkieSt. It would be a better pickup than Maryland and Rutgers FOR SURE.

Depends on your parameters. If you're looking at the small picture, yes, they're better football programs than Maryland or Rutgers. Big picture though, we get better academic institutions, basketball, NY/NJ/DC/MD TV markets, and a lot more.

It's too bad that Okie Lite doesn't have a single redeeming quality about its program or school, or I think the B1G would be fine with offering OU/Okie Lite in a heartbeat.

They can think it all they want. They just have to realize they aren't. :P

You haven't dealt with that many Texans in your lifetime, have you? :hookerhorns:D

Kansas and UConn would be the best for the Big Ten if they are looking for prestige in untapped markets. Good basketball too.

Im all for Kansas Just not by themselves. need to bring in a football splash or a big potential along with them.

Have you seen their coach?! They'll make a big football splash!!! :lol:

• Fire 1

Kansas and UConn would be the best for the Big Ten if they are looking for prestige in untapped markets. Good basketball too.

Im all for Kansas Just not by themselves. need to bring in a football splash or a big potential along with them.

Have you seen their coach?! They'll make a big football splash!!! :lol:

Props. KU and their obese coaches. gotta love it

None of this probably happens, but adding Texas and OU would make the B1G the most prestigious conference in the country.... Nebraska Michigan Ohio St. Penn. St. Texas OU That is one helluva line-up....

Prestigious in what way? Football power? If that's the case, the SEC would like a word with you....

You might equal the SEC, but it wouldn't be surpassed.

None of this probably happens, but adding Texas and OU would make the B1G the most prestigious conference in the country.... Nebraska Michigan Ohio St. Penn. St. Texas OU That is one helluva line-up....

Prestigious in what way? Football power? If that's the case, the SEC would like a word with you....

Current on field performance? No, currently the SEC is better than the B1G. However, "past reputation, and achievements" are a large part of the definition of prestige.

So pertaining to this hypothetical discussion of ours, based off traditions, with the proposed additions of OU/Texas....

I would argue it surpasses the SEC in the regard....

However, from the "what have you done for me lately" department, the SEC is obviously supreme.....

Brand name programs. B1G has the six he listed. SEC has Alabama, LSU, Florida, A&M and Tennessee. I guess you could maybe throw Georgia in there, but if we do that then we have to throw Wisconsin in for B1G