expansion news

It seems like we've heard this sort of rumor about Texas for years and nothing has ever manifested. I'm against it if only because the Conference has become big and diluted enough already - add the cultural and geographic barriers and it gets that much worse. Sure there'd be more money, better recruits and the opportunity to see some interesting games in great venues but I still don't like that trade. These are college teams and its starting to feel like the NFL.

Despite the Big XII talking points, I fail to see how they can be happy at 10 teams when everyone else is at least at 12 and getting bigger. And they don't have any good options to add. I don't see that conference lasting through this entire process. It's only a question of when and where.

It seems like we've heard this sort of rumor about Texas for years and nothing has ever manifested. I'm against it if only because the Conference has become big and diluted enough already - add the cultural and geographic barriers and it gets that much worse. Sure there'd be more money, better recruits and the opportunity to see some interesting games in great venues but I still don't like that trade. These are college teams and its starting to feel like the NFL.

Despite the Big XII talking points, I fail to see how they can be happy at 10 teams when everyone else is at least at 12 and getting bigger. And they don't have any good options to add. I don't see that conference lasting through this entire process. It's only a question of when and where.

I agree. They will either pull of some miraculous and unforeseeable expansion or collapse.

Chicagoland is the heart of the Big Ten and always will be. Dallas would be a nice addition to the footprint but so are NYC and DC.

Can I quote you on this after Delany announces the head quarters is moving to Dallas?

The thing with Texas is - they won't make a move unless they control EVERYTHING. This is why they allowed the Big 8 to join them, and why they did not join the PAC - they did not bow low enough to them

Chicagoland is the heart of the Big Ten and always will be. Dallas would be a nice addition to the footprint but so are NYC and DC.

Can I quote you on this after Delany announces the head quarters is moving to Dallas?

The thing with Texas is - they won't make a move unless they control EVERYTHING. This is why they allowed the Big 8 to join them, and why they did not join the PAC - they did not bow low enough to them

i think you underestimate the arrogance of the people in Chicago......think Texas X 100.......even Texas wouldn't have come up with Legends and Leaders

Whatever happened to UNC and Virginia?

still WANTS by Chicago.

UVA agreed in principle. can't move with just one team. this was not only covered by OSU people but also Maryland people.

Never heard anything about UNC. my guess is they balked. control of a conference is a tough thing to give up.

So that would probably make it

East:

Ohio St.

Michigan

Michigan St.

Penn St.

Purdue

Rutgers

Maryland

Indiana

West:

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Iowa

Illinois

Minnesota

Perhaps unbalanced to the West in that scenario but that would make things interesting.

It would probably be 4 team pods versus 2 divs. NU, OU, Texas and Iowa in the west pod maybe.

I posted something from Dennis Dood on the older expansion topic ....maybe this is it. Heard a possibility of OU and Texas.

Also read UVA, Kansas, and/or MIssouri, but who knows.

Well this started a buzz again....

http://www.cbssports...ason-media-days

'Big Ten expansion: It isn't done. That's about all I can say. Hint: The conference will begin negotiating on a new TV deal next year. The current contract expires in 2016. Definitely stay tuned.'

Is Dodd credible? Hope this doesn't mean Uconn and Missouri.

Back when the 12 was shaky there was an attempt by OU, OSU, KU, and KSU to get into the BIG. BIG didn't want OSU or KSU. Okie and Okie Lite could be joined at the hip. As far as Texas goes I wouldn't be wild about it but they'd be a big get. Plus they'd catch hell if they even tried to run the conference and at least in the BIG we wouldn't have to play them with a crew of Texans officiating.

I think this would actually benefit Nebraska more than the rest of the B1G.

resume OK rivalry

resume recruiting TX heavily

strengthen the west division

etc.

I think the only thing that would make it happen tho, is an undefeated TX team left out of the MNC due to conferece affiliation and strength of sched. Could happen this year.