? For Policemen That Belong On This Board

I went to a men's softball game last night and after the game, a good friend of ours got a text from his wife saying that someone had shot a horse of theirs and the cops were on their way to their house. Is it possible that they can find out who killed their horse? I sure hope they can!

I went to a men's softball game last night and after the game, a good friend of ours got a text from his wife saying that someone had shot a horse of theirs and the cops were on their way to their house. Is it possible that they can find out who killed their horse? I sure hope they can!

To the underlined part...yes. They will run an "investigation".

They can retrieve the bullet from the horse and go from there by testing ballistics of the weapon. If they question folks in the area, neighborhood canvas, they might get a lead from there. If they can find a suspected weapon they can run those ballistics tests from there and match the bullet and possible casing, if one was left at the scene, by matching up specific markings on the casing and the bullet.

Roxy-

I'm not a police officer but I'm familiar with the system. Unfortunately, without a witness coming forward or a confession it's unlikely that the shooter will be caught. It's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

Sorry to hear about this. We dealt with a similar issue a while back where a dog was shot. They did catch that guy because he bragged about it at a local bar.

Sorry to hear about this. We dealt with a similar issue a while back where a dog was shot. They did catch that guy because he bragged about it at a local bar.

Exactly how my dad found out who shot my dog when I was a kid. A few years later the guy (who shot my dog) died of a heart attack, so I guess we're even.

Exactly how my dad found out who shot my dog when I was a kid. A few years later the guy (who shot my dog) died of a heart attack, so I guess we're even.

200.gif

Heart attack.......riiiiight.

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear this Roxy. I hope they catch the culprit. It is pretty amazing what they can and do these days to solve crimes.

Go dance on his grave Dude and wear a pair of golf shoes with old metal spikes. T_O_B

Nah, I'm over it. It happened about 18 years ago, and the guy died like 14-15 years ago. And I found out what really happened only a couple years ago. My dad initially told me the dog was ran over.

did you ever find out why he killed your dog? i would be devastated if anyone killed my dogs.