Shatel's Article

not going to apologize one bit for how I feel ...win at Michigan I am may start to believe pretend like I'm a true fan again

There needs to be a 'jump on the bandwagon' emoticon on Huskerboard for when everything goes swimmingly in Husker Nation and a 'jump off the bandwagon' emoticon for when it doesn't. Maybe there could be a fun game on here recording how often everyone does one or the other during the season.

• Fire 2

I see the fan police are out in effect ...nothing says I am a better fan than telling someone else how to follow the program ...this is a message board meant for people to discuss their opinions and feelings about the program...opinions are just that and because one doesnt have the exact same one as someone else they are a fake fan.....give me a break...

• Fire 5

I know i am jaded as f#*k about Nebraska football right now. Our program has been way to sh**ty for way too long, with WAY too many unrealized expectations and shattered dreams and the like.

I used to be the biggest optimist ever, but as of right now, sh#t, I'll believe a conference title... JUST A CONFERENCE f'ing TITLE...when I see it. Let alone a BCS bowl or national title hopes.

I still think Bo is a good coach and someone who can grow the program into a national power again, but it's so hard to be optimistic and trust only blind faith. There's a reason that I hate religion.

...nothing says I am a better fan than telling someone else how to follow the program

Nothing says I am a worse fan than posts similar in nature to yours.

I understand your point.. But what is wrong with being skeptical? How does that make you any less of a fan? Just because someone is skeptical doesn't mean that they are going to cheer any less for the team or follow them any less. Just because Frida wants to see results before they spend money to travel from Cali to Indy doesn't mean they will stop cheering for Nebraska if there isn't that....

...nothing says I am a better fan than telling someone else how to follow the program

Nothing says I am a worse fan than posts similar in nature to yours.

I understand your point.. But what is wrong with being skeptical? How does that make you any less of a fan? Just because someone is skeptical doesn't mean that they are going to cheer any less for the team or follow them any less. Just because Frida wants to see results before they spend money to travel from Cali to Indy doesn't mean they will stop cheering for Nebraska if there isn't that....

His posts make him sound entitled and toddleresque. I spent money to go to the UCLA game last year. We lost. I didn't whine like a child about how I expected better from the team and they let me down and how I won't take anymore crap from them.

• Fire 5

I get a kick out of how impressed Shatel is with himself. He's under the impression that he's either representing how husker fans feel or that we care if we think the crap he spews is going to bring about a change in the program...

Reading that article was a waste of time, because he's trying, unsuccessfully by the way, to write some incendiary piece on how our reactions have changed...

Hey Shatel, stfu...

I think he hit the nerve with a lot of people.

How many of us think we will win a National Title this year, or in the next couple? Pretty much no one.

How many of us think we will win a B1G title this year? Be honest, less than half. National perception would be almost nil.

In the next 3? Again, not the majority.

This year there is buzz around the offense and the stats Martinez should put up. But not much else. Nationally we are an after thought.

Its not the mindsets we had for most of our lives following the Huskers. The last 12 years have been a series of gut punches, or having the rug pulled out from under us at the last moment.

You get hit enough, you start to flinch...

• Fire 1

I know i am jaded as f#*k about Nebraska football right now. Our program has been way to sh**ty for way too long, with WAY too many unrealized expectations and shattered dreams and the like.

I used to be the biggest optimist ever, but as of right now, sh#t, I'll believe a conference title... JUST A CONFERENCE f'ing TITLE...when I see it. Let alone a BCS bowl or national title hopes.

I still think Bo is a good coach and someone who can grow the program into a national power again, but it's so hard to be optimistic and trust only blind faith. There's a reason that I hate religion.

Anyone ever wonder if had we had the technology we have today if fans would've felt the same way about Coach Osborne? Couldn't win the 'big one', etc?

I also wonder what is worse: Being blown out by a team or losing by a few points? I suspect most people would say losing by a few points would be better but I think those kind of losses are more painful. Think about all the 'close ones' we've lost since Bo came here. That .01 Texas game is burned in my memory!

At the end of the day we're all Husker fans, otherwise we wouldn't be writing on this board. If we didn't love the Huskers like we do we wouldn't take the time to say anything about them good or bad.

It will be an interesting season. The offense should play well, the defense-a work in progress.

• Fire 1

With our schedule, returning starters on offense, and supposed talent upgrade on defense (which is multiplied by the experience gained before we start playing most of our major conference opponents), the blowouts simply have to stop. Getting smoked on national TV twice a year just doesn't cut it.

Yeah, the staff has some trust to earn from the fans. The free passes for getting 70 hung on you expire quickly, and especially when the schedule softens. Failing to make a BCS game with this kind of setup isn't a fire the coach scenario, necessarily, but it will become near-impossible to expect an optimistic fanbase from then on. I believe this team has everything it needs to win a lot of ballgames this year. Stop fumbling the football, keep teams under 21 points a game, and the trust conversation will evaporate. Fail to do that, drop another 4 games or get smacked around in a big game--we will in all likelihood be having the 'hot seat' conversation in December.

• Fire 3
I guess I dont know where all this trust talk come from. Bo doesnt need our trust. He needs our asses in our seats being as loud as possible. Trust? That's for the Ad and some boosters. And he still has their's.

+1. Amen to that. We all have our opinions, but in the end who the f#*k cares about our (fans) opinions. We all want to win. Fans, players, coaches, but in no way are the fans going to really have an effect on how it all plays out. Fo Christs sake people, game time is right around the corner. No matter win or lose, Husker football season is a damn great thing. Have fun and root for these kids. The decisions on this staff will be made based on the performance of this team when the Athletic Director feels like a decision needs to be made. I don't think we are close to that point personally. Who knows, maybe by th end of this season all you fair weather fuckwads will be right back on the ole' bandwagon preaching about what a faithful Husker you are.

• Fire 1