***2015 Recruiting***

I'd appreciate if one of you recruting gurus would please enlighten the fan base on those recruits who would stay regardless of a HC change? No need to argue with whether or not one will happen...just trying to see who would still be left with a HC change based on your knowledge?!

Of course it's impossible to know for certain, but if we do change coaches this is the year to do it with such a small class. I personally get the feeling that the Davis twins, Decker, Jurkovic, Dillman, Lee and Anderson would stay.

Even if the class 'implodes' and we finish with 10 commits or so, it's not terrible to the team considering we only lose 12 seniors. Next season, with a much larger class, a coaching change would have a much more negative impact. This is just all my opinion.

I'd appreciate if one of you recruting gurus would please enlighten the fan base on those recruits who would stay regardless of a HC change? No need to argue with whether or not one will happen...just trying to see who would still be left with a HC change based on your knowledge?!

Of course it's impossible to know for certain, but if we do change coaches this is the year to do it with such a small class. I personally get the feeling that the Davis twins, Decker, Jurkovic, Dillman, Lee and Anderson would stay.

Even if the class 'implodes' and we finish with 10 commits or so, it's not terrible to the team considering we only lose 12 seniors. Next season, with a much larger class, a coaching change would have a much more negative impact. This is just all my opinion.

Thank you for the detailed response. I know uncertainty makes it impossible to predict, just grateful for someone else's knowledge who knows more on those situations than I do as I think that can have an impact on whether Pelini returns or not

so that means updated numbers are

We are at 84/85 including Walton, Willis and singleton

11 seniors 10 if Turner comes back

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

Wildcard is Lorenzo Stewart, anyone heard his status? One of the few guys we have "placed" at a juco

Right now 2015 class looks like a minimum of 14 max of????

I'd say you can forget about Stewart. Who is the last guy that failed to make grades, went to JUCO, and then actually made it to NU?
When was the last time our coaches placed a HS in IWCC? Stewart will be N as long as the coaches stay in contact. However, he will not be part of this class. The plan was to RS at IWCC then play 1 yr, leaving 3 yrs to play at Nebraska. He still has one year to go at IWCC.

1 year prior with Tra'vell Dixon. I can't think of any others off the top of my head, there was a TE from Texas, maybe Harper or something, about 4 years ago. That's what they always call it when someone doesn't make grades and has to go to JUCO - "being place by the coaching staff at a JUCO." The coaches basically recommend a place they are familiar with, a relationship with the coaches, basically somewhere to make it easier to follow them. I'd say it nearly never happens that this said recruit goes back to the original committed school. Same this Stewart. Nothing out of the ordinary was offered to this kid. "Good luck, we will watch you, but we can probably get someone better and he will have 2 more years than you do." He's gone, he's not going to get offered again.

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

Wildcard is Lorenzo Stewart, anyone heard his status? One of the few guys we have "placed" at a juco

I'd say you can forget about Stewart. Who is the last guy that failed to make grades, went to JUCO, and then actually made it to NU?
When was the last time our coaches placed a HS in IWCC? Stewart will be N as long as the coaches stay in contact. However, he will not be part of this class. The plan was to RS at IWCC then play 1 yr, leaving 3 yrs to play at Nebraska. He still has one year to go at IWCC.

1 year prior with Tra'vell Dixon. I can't think of any others off the top of my head, there was a TE from Texas, maybe Harper or something, about 4 years ago. That's what they always call it when someone doesn't make grades and has to go to JUCO - "being place by the coaching staff at a JUCO." The coaches basically recommend a place they are familiar with, a relationship with the coaches, basically somewhere to make it easier to follow them. I'd say it nearly never happens that this said recruit goes back to the original committed school. Same this Stewart. Nothing out of the ordinary was offered to this kid. "Good luck, we will watch you, but we can probably get someone better and he will have 2 more years than you do." He's gone, he's not going to get offered again.

Harper was a juco recruit and not "placed" by NU. Dixon went the Juco route but again, wasn't "placed" by NU. Scenario, staff remains in place and stewart becomes a juco all-american. You're telling us the staff won't offer him despite being placed there, it's in NU's backyard and he once was comitted to NU?

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

Harper was a juco recruit and not "placed" by NU. Dixon went the Juco route but again, wasn't "placed" by NU. Scenario, staff remains in place and stewart becomes a juco all-american. You're telling us the staff won't offer him despite being placed there, it's in NU's backyard and he once was comitted to NU?

Yes, they were placed, google any old article on Dixon - there was a Journal Star one saying the coaches were helping him find a school. Its just the terminology they use. If they don't help them find a JUCO then they look like punks. Literally nothing was different with Stewart. Maybe if he became an all american - but at that point he would probably get an offer from a Big 12 school back home and not come here.

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

Yes, they were placed, google any old article on Dixon - there was a Journal Star one saying the coaches were helping him find a school. Its just the terminology they use. If they don't help them find a JUCO then they look like punks. Literally nothing was different with Stewart. Maybe if he became an all american - but at that point he would probably get an offer from a Big 12 school back home and not come here.

Agree to disagree

Riley is reported to recruit JUCOs quite a bit. But he also recruited Stanton pretty hard so I'm not sure we grab one right off the bat. Unless he's already been recruiting one for Tosu.

Good to know. Plus it's not like we had an all world QB coach in recent memory. Maybe the parts are already here; I'm sure he'll be at least watching the bowl practices, right?

Riley is reported to recruit JUCOs quite a bit. But he also recruited Stanton pretty hard so I'm not sure we grab one right off the bat. Unless he's already been recruiting one for Tosu.

Good to know. Plus it's not like we had an all world QB coach in recent memory. Maybe the parts are already here; I'm sure he'll be at least watching the bowl practices, right?

I'm sure he'll be around as much as possible just getting to know the players. And possibly seeing if there's a couple current staff members to keep around. He just won't be implementing his system until after. When he gets his own staff in place.