***2015 Recruiting***

We need a class of 20-22 period not 16ish like others are mentioning.

how exactly do you suppose that will work

Heard of attrition? We have it each year and never account for it

We currently have 12 commits (13 counting Walton) and that would put us at 85 scholarships without counting Turner or Moss. We're going to need some attrition to be able to take 16.

We currently have 12 commits (13 counting Walton) and that would put us at 85 scholarships without counting Turner or Moss. We're going to need some attrition to be able to take 16.

How many non contributors are sucking our roster dry?

Really not very many any more. Of the guys who would be seniors next year, David Sutton is the only one who is a non-factor. It won't surprise me if he doesn't come back for his fifth year. There are also two JUCO guys who aren't helping much right now - Joe Keels and Matt Finnin - and both are seniors next year. Of the will-be-juniors, only the two OLinemen (Paul Thurston and Corey Whitaker) are not regularly on the field (except a couple who are hurt but would play). Gabe Miller would be a junior but may be put on medical hardship.

Really not very many any more. Of the guys who would be seniors next year, David Santos is the only one who is a non-factor. It won't surprise me if he doesn't come back for his fifth year. There are also two JUCO guys who aren't helping much right now - Joe Keels and Matt Finnin - and both are seniors next year. Of the will-be-juniors, only the two OLinemen (Paul Thurston and Corey Whitaker) are not regularly on the field (except a couple who are hurt but would play). Gabe Miller would be a junior but may be put on medical hardship.

So that is 5-6 added with the few guys in the class that somehow won't make it and a casualty that always happens each offseason 20 sounds right to me

So that is 5-6 added with the few guys in the class that somehow won't make it and a casualty that always happens each offseason 20 sounds right to me

I don't think 12 + 5/6 = 20. About 18 is the number I've heard most often.

You mentioned roughly 5-6 players. How often does every member of a class make it to NU? How often does a transfer etc take place? You don't think we could find a way to get 20? The way we are tossing out offers makes you wonder

According to

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

We are at 84/85 including Walton and King (who we have to carry till next fall)

11 seniors 10 if Turner comes back

Minus

Gregory

King

Miller

Plus

Doesn't include avery Moss

Even with attrition I don't see how we take that many more

King? I thought he was practicing?

I think he meant DeAndre Wills, who left the team shortly after coming to go closer to home.

According to

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

We are at 84/85 including Walton and King (who we have to carry till next fall)

11 seniors 10 if Turner comes back

Minus

Gregory

King

Miller

Plus

Doesn't include avery Moss

Even with attrition I don't see how we take that many more

King? I thought he was practicing?

I think he meant DeAndre Wills, who left the team shortly after coming to go closer to home.
Yup my bad