***2015 Recruiting***

2015 K Chase Vinatieri was at the Illinois game last night, second unofficial for him. Chase is the nephew of Adam Vinatieri, yes that Adam Vinatieri. My guess, he could be a preferred walk-on down the road.

Last year, Chase has 25 touchbacks on 35 kickoffs, went 51 of 53 XP, and went 5 of 6 FG (long: 37 yds). Here are his

@mikejschaefer: .@ChaseVinatieri made another unofficial visit to #Nebraska - a place familiar with NFL kickers (FREE): http://t.co/JlH9iDTqHN #Huskers

Sioux Falls (S.D.) Roosevelt kicker Chase Vinatieri is following his uncle Adam's footsteps and just committed to South Dakota State.

2015 K Chase Vinatieri was at the Illinois game last night, second unofficial for him. Chase is the nephew of Adam Vinatieri, yes that Adam Vinatieri. My guess, he could be a preferred walk-on down the road.

Last year, Chase has 25 touchbacks on 35 kickoffs, went 51 of 53 XP, and went 5 of 6 FG (long: 37 yds). Here are his

@mikejschaefer: .@ChaseVinatieri made another unofficial visit to #Nebraska - a place familiar with NFL kickers (FREE): http://t.co/JlH9iDTqHN #Huskers

Sioux Falls (S.D.) Roosevelt kicker Chase Vinatieri is following his uncle Adam's footsteps and just committed to South Dakota State.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

O wait.. i dont care.

There goes our Sioux Falls pipeline.

Best of luck to the kid

Looks like LB Marcel Spears from Olathe, KS was in attendance last night. I don't see that we've offered him. Currently committed to Iowa State.

Definitely need 1/2 LB this class. Spears' is closer to a safety (in size) for the B1G. Would have to take a RS to get turned up, but if he can bring speed to our front 7, great. Quick point of reference, how does Kansas speed compare to Louisiana speed? :lol:

I would prefer we recruit a whole linebacker. I don't know how much a half of a linebacker can get done. I guess it depends on which half we get.

• Fire 1

Looks like LB Marcel Spears from Olathe, KS was in attendance last night. I don't see that we've offered him. Currently committed to Iowa State.

Definitely need 1/2 LB this class. Spears' is closer to a safety (in size) for the B1G. Would have to take a RS to get turned up, but if he can bring speed to our front 7, great. Quick point of reference, how does Kansas speed compare to Louisiana speed? :lol:

I would prefer we recruit a whole linebacker. I don't know how much a half of a linebacker can get done. I guess it depends on which half we get.

What about a solid Peso player, half linebacker and half safety? chuckleshuffle

What about a solid Peso player, half linebacker and half safety? chuckleshuffle
I think you are going to see more of this because the spread offense is moving into B1G, ACC, and SEC territory. And it's the best defense for it

Checking in on this again. Commits are listed below with some of our top targets in parenthesis. If there is a player in parenthesis which would be more than the number for that position, I'm saying I don't think we have to have another guy at that spot but would take the right guy if we really liked him. I think we definitely want a WR, a DE and a LB. We'd take a TE, OL, and DB if the fit was right.

Another odd thing I just noticed is that we have 72 non-seniors on scholarship right now and 12 commits which means we're sitting at 84 right now. We have a pretty good chance of having Jamal Turner back on medical hardship, Avery Moss back from suspension and Jaevon Walton showing up in January. Thus, we might already be two over the limit. We seem to be looking to add 3-4 more so we're going to have to lose a couple somewhere. This obviously happens all the time but I don't see a lot of obvious guesses like we've had the last couple years.

Gregory going pro would be one that is very likely at this point. I could see David Sutton not coming back for his fifth year. Kevin Williams might be another if injuries continue to slow him. Miller may be done because of his back. Most of the rest of the upperclassmen are getting playing time now so you wouldn't think too many would be looking to leave. There might be a couple younger kids who aren't climbing the depth chart as quickly as they like.

QB - 1 - Dillman
RB - 1 - Bussey
WR - 2 - Lundie (Morgan)
TE - 0 - (Richardson)
OT - 2 - Gaylord, Jurkovic
OG/C - 1 - Decker (Perry)

DT - 2 - C. Davis, K. Davis
DE - 2 - Neal (Jones)
LB - 1 - (Young)
CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson
S/N - 1 - Williams (Raymond)

• Fire 1

Checking in on this again. Commits are listed below with some of our top targets in parenthesis. If there is a player in parenthesis which would be more than the number for that position, I'm saying I don't think we have to have another guy at that spot but would take the right guy if we really liked him. I think we definitely want a WR, a DE and a LB. We'd take a TE, OL, and DB if the fit was right.

Another odd thing I just noticed is that we have 72 non-seniors on scholarship right now and 12 commits which means we're sitting at 84 right now. We have a pretty good chance of having Jamal Turner back on medical hardship, Avery Moss back from suspension and Jaevon Walton showing up in January. Thus, we might already be two over the limit. We seem to be looking to add 3-4 more so we're going to have to lose a couple somewhere. This obviously happens all the time but I don't see a lot of obvious guesses like we've had the last couple years.

Gregory going pro would be one that is very likely at this point. I could see David Sutton not coming back for his fifth year. Kevin Williams might be another if injuries continue to slow him. Miller may be done because of his back. Most of the rest of the upperclassmen are getting playing time now so you wouldn't think too many would be looking to leave. There might be a couple younger kids who aren't climbing the depth chart as quickly as they like.

QB - 1 - Dillman

RB - 1 - Bussey

WR - 2 - Lundie (Morgan)

TE - 0 - (Richardson)

DE - 2 - Neal (Jones)

LB - 1 - (Young)

CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson

S/N - 1 - Williams (Raymond)

Solid list. I would add a couple of other options as well, based on visits/interest. Also, Nebraska is apparently pushing for visits from WR Alfred Smith, LB Saleem Blackwell, and LB Troy Henderson Jr.

QB - 1 - Dillman (Jackson)

RB - 1 - Bussey

WR - 2 - Lundie (Morgan)

TE - 0 - (Richardson)

DE - 2 - Neal (Jones)

LB - 1 - (Young, Smith)

CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson

S/N - 1 - Williams (Raymond, Haughton)

Sounds like several coaches will be headed out Wednesday after practice to do some recruiting. Did the same thing last year. Good chance to visit some guys in-season. Will be interesting to see who their top targets are.

Better make the number one priority KB with that a&m offer now in hand

Sounds like several coaches will be headed out Wednesday after practice to do some recruiting. Did the same thing last year. Good chance to visit some guys in-season. Will be interesting to see who their top targets are.

Better make the number one priority KB with that a&m offer now in hand

I would be shocked if someone didn't make a swing through Louisiana to see Bussey and several others.

Updated with some more of the targets we're still working on in parenthesis. Consensus is we're looking for WR-DE-LB and would also take QB-OT-DB if we find someone we really like

QB - 1 - Dillman (Jackson)
RB - 1 - Bussey
WR - 2 - Lundie (Morgan)
TE - 0 -

DE - 2 - Neal (Jones)
LB - 1 - (Young, Brightwell, Henderson, Smith)
CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson (Raymond)
S/N - 1 - Williams (Williams)