***2015 Recruiting***

These 2 safety recruits are puzzling. I hope that Warren knows more than most and he isn't grabbing Air force talent to play at Nebraska. But then again, we are in the B1G, not much better than the mountain west or Wac....

Lets not act like Air Force was their only offer... Both Aaron Williams and Kieron Williams had major D-1 offers.

Updated numbers breakdown (6-4-14): A transfer and a late addition to the 2014 class has the scholarship numbe... http://foxs.pt/S4IYkb

Someone please let us know the new numbers breakdown!

Same as the list I have except that I've included Lewis as a Junior and I've seen other reports that Tyler Evans won't return to the team (was a fourth-year Junior). Also, I've included Stringfellow as a Redshirt Freshman. I try to keep that list updated with any changes we find out about.

Are there any other safeties on our radar other than dale and Doherty?

Kenneth McGruder is another Safety prospect and Deshawn Raymond could play corner or safety.

Don't forget Will Sunderland from Okla...very highly rated and has us in his top 3. Will be at BRW. We will have 3 very good safeties at BRW, wonder if that pressures one of them to commit knowing there is only 1 spot?

You're right. Missed him. I do think we take one more and might get someone to jump on board during BRW.

Updated numbers breakdown (6-4-14): A transfer and a late addition to the 2014 class has the scholarship numbe... http://foxs.pt/S4IYkb

Someone please let us know the new numbers breakdown!

Same as the list I have except that I've included Lewis as a Junior and I've seen other reports that Tyler Evans won't return to the team (was a fourth-year Junior). Also, I've included Stringfellow as a Redshirt Freshman. I try to keep that list updated with any changes we find out about.

Good deal, thanks. I also think that if Drew Brown take the PK job, Bondi will be in question.

We have managed to collect a group of QB's who have had major medical issues stemming from high school injuries. Stanton - knee surg. Darlington- concussion. Dillman- achilles surg. Tommy A had minor surg last summer to a knee. I realize they play a violent sport and are often in harms way at their position. Stanton seems to be healthy now. Hopefully Darlington sees the field at some point. It would nice to bring in a kid without health issues as he might be the starter by attrition.

If you look up and down the roster there really not but a couple guys that you could even say need to be moved along. Bondi will probably leave when Brown takes over, but other then that we have a lot of young contributors on the roster or a lot of young guys that haven't even had a shot yet.

This is Bo's best roster by far and only getting better.

We have managed to collect a group of QB's who have had major medical issues stemming from high school injuries. Stanton - knee surg. Darlington- concussion. Dillman- achilles surg. Tommy A had minor surg last summer to a knee. I realize they play a violent sport and are often in harms way at their position. Stanton seems to be healthy now. Hopefully Darlington sees the field at some point. It would nice to bring in a kid without health issues as he might be the starter by attrition.

This is a slight concern of mine. We have some very good talent at the position. The problem is, in 2016, we will have Darlington and Dillman as underclassmen and both right now are question marks. They could both turn out amazing or neither could see the field.

I would feel much better if we would get Ketchum III, Jones or Jackson.

I hope it's a very slight concern, as you're basically concerned about the 2017 season. We need long term planning, but we've already got Stanton and Darlington for that year, along with whoever we get in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Granted, we won't want to rely on a true freshman, but the point is, our future QB situation does not look particularly dire at this point.

FWIW though, I'm all for bringing in two athletes at QB this year if we can find the room

Edited because I completely forgot Bush. Give him two years to develop and he could easily be a factor in the 2017 QB race.

There has to be others leaving the team that we just haven't heard about yet.

If you look up and down the roster there really not but a couple guys that you could even say need to be moved along. Bondi will probably leave when Brown takes over, but other then that we have a lot of young contributors on the roster or a lot of young guys that haven't even had a shot yet.

This is Bo's best roster by far and only getting better.

I agree with HuskerFowler's assessment of our roster and have run through it several times. I just don't see that many likely candidates - not that no one else will leave.

But I also tend to think there has to be something to Stumpy's point. If it were during the season, it would make a lot of sense. But you'd think most of the guys who know they're leaving would leave now and get started somewhere else. It was reported a couple months ago that the coaches wanted to keep a couple spots open for guys who developed during their senior year but we're basically full now and still after a bunch of guys. All the "insiders" keep reporting that this class will still end up somewhere between 18 and 22 but it's going to be quite a few guys leaving just to get to 18. Not sure what to think right now.