***2015 Recruiting***

I think he is counted towards 2014 class...

Nebraska added safety Kieron Williams Friday, and the 6-foot, 185-pounder will be in Lincoln next week to enroll in summer classes and begin workouts as a very late addition to NU's scholarship class of 2014, HuskerOnline.com first reported.

• Fire 1

I think he is counted towards 2014 class...

Nebraska added safety Kieron Williams Friday, and the 6-foot, 185-pounder will be in Lincoln next week to enroll in summer classes and begin workouts as a very late addition to NU's scholarship class of 2014, HuskerOnline.com first reported.

Is the total number, 85, that I'm referring too.

Yeah, with Pirman leaving and Harrison probably not ever getting here, Stringfellow and Williams don't really make the 2015 class any small than expected. If Warren hadn't coached him already I'd be pretty skeptical but he obviously knows what we're in for so hopefully that's a good thing.

If I remember correctly, I thought I saw some media type say that we could, could maybe be looking at a class size of 20 - 22. That was a couple weeks ago after our last verbal and before these latest developments.

That's what several have said but we're going to have to lose a bunch of guys early for that to work. Williams and Stringfellow and the 11 2015 commits put us at 85 as of right now. Losing Harrison would obviously open one spot back up but anything past that will have to be someone else leaving the team early. If we lose Gregory and Harrison, we could get to 13 in the 2015 class (assuming no underclassmen walk-ons get scholarships). Not that there won't be more but I don't see a lot more likely candidates right now. I won't be surprised if David Sutton follows Pirman out the door but there aren't many obvious ones after that.

Of the rest of this year's juniors, most are expected to be in the rotation this year, if they haven't been already. There are six offensive linemen so if a couple don't end up playing much that could be a spot but they're all on the two-deep right now. After that, Taariq Allen has probably played the least but he's also been hurt and sounds like he'll be in the mix this year. Same story for Kevin Williams. Cockrell and Keels obviously haven't played but I doubt either would leave early.

This year's sophomores ALL played good snaps last year except for the two offensive linemen. Not many candidates out of that group, imo.

So you'd basically have a couple guys here and there and then any freshmen who don't think they're moving up the ladder quickly enough. But even if we lose Sutton a couple OLinemen and a freshmen or two, that's still 18. I just don't see a lot of possibilities of getting higher than that. But you never know.

Updated - with the addition of Williams and Stringfellow, I would assume that drops our numbers at S and WR by one. I think we only take another S/DB if we get one of a select few to want to commit.

QB - 1 - Dillman
RB - 1 - Bussey
WR - 2-3 - Tears
TE - 0-1
OT - 2 - Gaylord
OG/C - 2 - Decker

DT - 2 - C. Davis, K. Davis
DE - 2-3 - Neal
LB - 2
CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson
S/N - 1-2 - Williams

If I remember correctly, I thought I saw some media type say that we could, could maybe be looking at a class size of 20 - 22. That was a couple weeks ago after our last verbal and before these latest developments.

That's what several have said but we're going to have to lose a bunch of guys early for that to work. Williams and Stringfellow and the 11 2015 commits put us at 85 as of right now. Losing Harrison would obviously open one spot back up but anything past that will have to be someone else leaving the team early. If we lose Gregory and Harrison, we could get to 13 in the 2015 class (assuming no underclassmen walk-ons get scholarships). Not that there won't be more but I don't see a lot more likely candidates right now. I won't be surprised if David Sutton follows Pirman out the door but there aren't many obvious ones after that.

Of the rest of this year's juniors, most are expected to be in the rotation this year, if they haven't been already. There are six offensive linemen so if a couple don't end up playing much that could be a spot but they're all on the two-deep right now. After that, Taariq Allen has probably played the least but he's also been hurt and sounds like he'll be in the mix this year. Same story for Kevin Williams. Cockrell and Keels obviously haven't played but I doubt either would leave early.

This year's sophomores ALL played good snaps last year except for the two offensive linemen. Not many candidates out of that group, imo.

So you'd basically have a couple guys here and there and then any freshmen who don't think they're moving up the ladder quickly enough. But even if we lose Sutton a couple OLinemen and a freshmen or two, that's still 18. I just don't see a lot of possibilities of getting higher than that. But you never know.

One addendum to that is there is at least a decent possibility that we get Avery Moss back after this year. That means we're sitting at 86 at the moment (current players + commits + Moss). Even taking out Harrison leaves us at the 85 scholly max. Assuming Gregory bolts leaves one spot left. Will be interesting to see how far over that we go indicating coaches "knowing" someone is going to leave.

One addendum to that is there is at least a decent possibility that we get Avery Moss back after this year. That means we're sitting at 86 at the moment (current players + commits + Moss). Even taking out Harrison leaves us at the 85 scholly max. Assuming Gregory bolts leaves one spot left. Will be interesting to see how far over that we go indicating coaches "knowing" someone is going to leave.

Does that include Alex Lewis? In Mitch Sherman's article on The Stringfellow commitment, http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=101683, it says Alex walked on.