***2015 Recruiting***

Perhaps we need to spends some more time in Colorado. 2015 DB Brian Dawkins - son of former NFLer Brian Dawkins and teammate of Eric Lee - was the #8 overall defensive performer at today's Rivals camp. And 2015 QB Tommy Lazzaro - teammate of Avery Anderson - was the QB MVP. We 're probably not taking another QB this class but neither has any offers yet.

Like you mentioned, Dawkins and Lazzaro both play with Lee and Anderson, respectively. I am sure Coach Warren (and TJ last year) have made their evaluates of each. Lazzaro might not fit the type of QB Beck likes. As for Dawkins, his film looks good not great (coverage is solid, needs to diagnose the run a little quicker), but I would never try to second guess this staff's ability to evaluate DBs.

You guys have any idea why we've seemed to struggle to get any traction with 2015 LBs?

Not really. Just guesses. We've been fortunate with good connections on a lot of the commits we have. At the other positions - LB included - I would guess we're trying some guys we like more first but just aren't on their lists. As the spring and summer go on, we'll probably start going after some guys who are probably in the next tier down talent-wise but have more interest in us.

You guys have any idea why we've seemed to struggle to get any traction with 2015 LBs?

Not struggling to gain traction, imo. Just being picky because of our outstanding young talent at the position from recent years. Young talent on roster + small class= being very picky.

I think Townsend is #1 on our board.

Townsend- Visited, in his top 4

DJ Beavers- Visited, in his top group.

Landis Durham- Longer shot, but we are in his topish group.

Not struggling to gain traction, imo. Just being picky because of our outstanding young talent at the position from recent years. Young talent on roster + small class= being very picky.

I think Townsend is #1 on our board.

Townsend- Visited, in his top 4

DJ Beavers- Visited, in his top group.

Landis Durham- Longer shot, but we are in his topish group.

You could add Rick DeBerry as we are in his top 20. Also worth noting DJ Beaver's mom is from Nebraska, so I would think we would have good in-roads with him.

I see RedRedJarvisRedwhine original point. There are 5+ LBs that have come off our board in the past month or so, but I think with our youth and depth, we are offering more big profile guys to test their interest. Those have been the guys coming off the board as of late, but it looked like we never had any in-roads with any of them to begin with. I would say they were more "feeler" offers.

I like the current group of four that are showing interest. It is particularly positive to have already got some to campus.

Noticed that there's another Peat's in the 2015 class. I noticed in a bleacher report article, it was about college football recruits with NFL genes. Was wondering if we were recruiting him or not? Name is Cassius Peat. Plays OLB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2055290-2015-college-football-recruits-with-nfl-genes

There was big talk he was ours to lose, but that was 3? years ago when Andrus was a lock to hit campus here. I doubt we are sitting too well with the Peat family after Todd's antics as well.

Noticed that there's another Peat's in the 2015 class. I noticed in a bleacher report article, it was about college football recruits with NFL genes. Was wondering if we were recruiting him or not? Name is Cassius Peat. Plays OLB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2055290-2015-college-football-recruits-with-nfl-genes

There was big talk he was ours to lose, but that was 3? years ago when Andrus was a lock to hit campus here. I doubt we are sitting too well with the Peat family after Todd's antics as well.
Yeah, we don't need another repeat of that fiasco!