***2015 Recruiting***

Garrison visited Olathe, KS TE Josh Moore this week. No offer yet but sounds like we're pretty interested. He is also being looked at by some schools at DE. Considering our interest at both positions, I would think he would be up there on our list. Perhaps feeling out a couple other TEs first but I don't think we're very high on anyone's list right now.

Some points from a recent article from Sean Callahan at Rivals:

- Looking like about 18 for the class but can change due to certain circumstances...cites Rome, Heard, Shuttles, Brown being gone from the program prior to the start of fall practice.

- Might not look to grow the class much past 14-15 this summer to save some spots for guys with breakout senior years.

- Above point may lead them to be pretty selective with BRW x2.

- This will allow the coaches to really focus in on 2016 too, something they haven't been able to do in the past.

- Look for some 2016 guys to be invited to BRWs.

- Omaha South's Noah Fant will probably be Nebraska's #1 prospect for 2016. Nebraska and Wisconsin have already visited him. 6'5 215 DE. Will be in Chicago for the Rivals Challenge on May 4th.

Saw this over on Huskermax.

"Will have two more by mid-June...

One is extremely close to pulling the trigger but I don't know if that will happen til' BRW as our staff sometimes likes to generate momentum going into a big recruiting situation..."

3 names that come to mind are Aaron Williams, Jackson Perry and Doherty.

@GreggPeterson2: http://t.co/s6ZcRanvlv's VIDEO interview feature with 3-Star Brookings (SD) RB Michael Daniel http://t.co/HxLjrDf8bm Very high on Nebraska

Daniel and Grant Schmidt, SD has some talent this year. Great they are both high on Nebraska.

Oh boy....

Nate Clouse@NateClouse 8m

2015 Sioux Falls (SD) Roosevelt OT Grant Schmidt tells me Ohio State has offered him today. @MarcGivlerBG @JoshHelmholdt @stuwhitney

@GreggPeterson2: http://t.co/s6ZcRanvlv's VIDEO interview feature with 3-Star Brookings (SD) RB Michael Daniel http://t.co/HxLjrDf8bm Very high on Nebraska

Daniel and Grant Schmidt, SD has some talent this year. Great they are both high on Nebraska.

Oh boy....

2015 Sioux Falls (SD) Roosevelt OT Grant Schmidt tells me Ohio State has offered him today. @MarcGivlerBG @JoshHelmholdt @stuwhitney

I hope that even though Schmidt doesn't have an offer that our staff is in extremely good communication with him so that he is fully comfortable with the situation with us. If he goes off to a place like OSU and has a good career, this will go down as a huge f**k up by this staff in recruiting.

Oh boy....

I hope that even though Schmidt doesn't have an offer that our staff is in extremely good communication with him so that he is fully comfortable with the situation with us. If he goes off to a place like OSU and has a good career, this will go down as a huge f**k up by this staff in recruiting.

I'm already on the side of the fence that says it is...

I think I'll pass on making a profile for him - if someone else wants to, be my guest - but supposedly we had offered a JUCO Safety out of Mississippi Justin Evans. He committed to A&M today. Being a southern JUCO and already committed, I doubt we have much of a shot. And I'm a little surprised we'd be offering a JUCO safety as we have quite a few good young safeties in the program already.

I think I'll pass on making a profile for him - if someone else wants to, be my guest - but supposedly we had offered a JUCO Safety out of Mississippi Justin Evans. He committed to A&M today. Being a southern JUCO and already committed, I doubt we have much of a shot. And I'm a little surprised we'd be offering a JUCO safety as we have quite a few good young safeties in the program already.

Maybe we'd like to move him to CB.

That could be true.

This is my assumption. Seems like come practice by this staff to recruit DBs without a prejudice toward the current position they play.